Lionel Train set with a MRC Tech4 600 Transformer.

Discussion in 'G / O / S Scale Model Trains' started by Postal, Jun 23, 2008.

1. Postal

Postal New Member

Hey guys thanks in advance before you even read this. I got the midnight flyer set for Christmas in 1980 or so. I am pretty sure it was second hand even then. Worked great for several years and then my interest changed and so on. Now my 3 yr old is into it so I thought I would get it to running again. The power supply/controller was in pieces so I went to the hobby shop and they told me the MRC Tech 4 600 would work great. I got it home and hooked it up and the train just buzzed. Checked all the connections and all was well so tried again and hit the whistle button and it went like it used to. No whistle on the train btw. Any ideas? I know the train wheels need cleaning but the track is brand new. Went up to O scale from the O 28? Had to use a power connector that has the 1 and 2 connectors on it just like the old track. The engine number is 8902 and is O scale. Once again thanks.
  2. 60103

60103 Pooh Bah

check the reversing unit on the loco. If it's cut out in neutral, the loco won't go anywhere. (I don't know where the switch is located -- old steamers had a metal bar behind the smokstack, my recent one has an electical switch in the cab.)
  3. Postal

Postal New Member

Thanks for the reply but mine doesnt have one. Turns out mine is dc instead of ac. I found directions to add the switch and make mine work with ac so now gotta wait for the parts to get here. Once again thanks.