Lionel to lower the body.

Discussion in 'G / O / S Scale Model Trains' started by Renovo PPR, May 22, 2007.

1. Renovo PPR

Renovo PPR Just a Farmer

Lionel News Stand

I must admit even though it appears the train world wanted this it has never bothered me at all. Now if I would of said this on another forum I probably would have been stoned to death. But I mean I never look at toys through colored glasses and thought they looked just fine. I mean I never had one person visit that took the time to pint out there was an extras 1/16 of an inch between the trucks and body.

I guess I can give Lionel credit for lowering them but my only wish would be that they work on the QA. Now my only other wish is that those that didn’t like the high look would start to sell them. After all since they look that bad they deserve a heavy discount.

[FONT=&quot]However I bet when it comes to selling them the trucks will not be an issue and they will want top dollar. :-|[/FONT]
  2. Cannonball

Cannonball More Trains Than Brains

Well, of course! :D

Maybe the engines that are too high will become collectors items now that Lionel has fixed the problem. ;)
  3. Dave Farquhar

Dave Farquhar Member

Let's see... 1/4 inch is 1 foot, so 1/16 inch is 3 scale inches.

I wonder if the people who complained about that realize their track is three and a HALF scale inches too wide? (Standard gauge is 4'8.5"; O gauge is 1.25", which in 1:48 scale is five feet.) Funny how you hear howling about that and about 1:43 vehicles, but you never hear about the track...

I'll go play with my O27 trains now. They're so far off scale I can't even figure it out. Not that I could care less...
  4. Cannonball

Cannonball More Trains Than Brains

That sounds like a plan for this weekend.
    Floor layout!!! :D
  5. ozzy

ozzy Active Member

floor layout!, i did this last night, could not take it any longer,