Lionel sues K-Line, saying that technology was taken

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
sumpter250 said:
OK, soooo.......................if K-line sues MTH, the circle will be complete, and everybody can drop their suites, and things can return to normal...........................

RIGHT !! :D :D :D
Can you imagine the boom to the economy if everyone dropped their lawsuites, or didn't start one if the first place. Win, lose or draw, the consumer is the one that always loses:cry: and the lawyers are the ones that always win... big time.:curse: The cost of doing business would drop appreciably with no lawyers or settlements to pay, allowing the manufacturers to reduce prices which in turn allows the consumer to buy more goods therefore creating more jobs. :thumb::thumb: The additional taxes collected will allow the government to pay off the debt in a matter of just a few years, assuming the legislatures don't go wild and spend it or give it away...

Opps, I just woke up:sleeping::sleeping:, everything is still "normal"...:(

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Zman said:
Does anyone find it odd that K-Line paid a Lionel engineer for trade secrets?

Why not just buy some Lionel stuff and take it apart?
That's the spin that Lionel is putting on things. Just because they say it, doesn't make it so. I'm not taking K-Line's side here, just saying that there could be other circumstances, or this could be a tactical move by Lionel to keep the competition out of the market.

This guy might have been selling proprietary processes or manufacturing techniques, but if he was so dumb that he left evidence on his computer that he was selling trade secrets, he indeed deserves to be fired and never be called an "engineer" again. If K-Line was so devoid of ideas that they had to pay someone to steal information, then they deserve to go under as well since it tells you the quality of anything they would manufacture. But, as I said, this is what Lionel wants the courts and public to think, we haven't heard from the other side yet.

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
ezdays said:
Can you imagine the boom to the economy if everyone dropped their lawsuites, or didn't start one if the first place. Win, lose or draw, the consumer is the one that always loses:cry: and the lawyers are the ones that always win... big time.:curse: The cost of doing business would drop appreciably with no lawyers or settlements to pay, allowing the manufacturers to reduce prices which in turn allows the consumer to buy more goods therefore creating more jobs. :thumb::thumb: The additional taxes collected will allow the government to pay off the debt in a matter of just a few years, assuming the legislatures don't go wild and spend it or give it away...

Opps, I just woke up:sleeping::sleeping:, everything is still "normal"...:(

.......and incident insurance companies would go broke too :D :D :D