Lionel Repairs

Discussion in 'G / O / S Scale Model Trains' started by cybersurfer, Jul 11, 2002.

1. cybersurfer

cybersurfer New Member

Is there a CD Rom available with repair data? Parts Lists etc. I see all of these books advertized but I am oat of the book reading phase. I would much rather bring up a wiring diagram on my computer and print it if needed. If not what is the best book for repairs?
  2. Brian C

Brian C New Member

Mr. Sullivan,
    Currently, there are no electronic databases (e.g. CD ROM) that contain repair/parts/part replacement information.
    In your post, you did not mention what kind of train(s) you have, so recommending a good repair manual is somewhat difficult.
    Do you have postwar trains? If so, I'd highly recommend any of the Kalmbach books that address the most common problems caused by age and normal wear-and-tear.
    Do you have MPC-era trains? If so, you might want to look into TM-series books.
    Do you have modern-era trains with the latest electronics (e.g. RailSounds, TMCC, etc.) on board? If so, I recommend contacting Lionel and let them handle the repair work. The sophisticated electronic components found in nearly all current-production O gauge trains were not meant to be repaired at home. In fact, attempting your own (unauthorized) repairs or modifiactions will void your warranty.
    I hope this helps.