Lionel I give them credit

Discussion in 'G / O / S Scale Model Trains' started by Renovo PPR, Aug 6, 2007.

1. Renovo PPR

Renovo PPR Just a Farmer

I had some time over the weekend to finally read through my Lionel catalog 2007 #2. I was pleased to see a nice selection of some steam engines without all the bells and whistles. I have my eyes on the new K 4 and a few others. The price is just right and I doubt I would have been as interested if they increased the price by adding TMCC.

Sometimes I just like to run trains the old fashion way and the price of the new locomotives will talk me into making a few purchase that I probably would not have.

It is nice to have a few more choices in this area of O gauge besides Williams and a few others. So is anyone else considering adding a few of these to their railroad?
  2. Robindale Station

Robindale Station New Member

The Reading 2-8-0 Consolidation is very nice. Further on in the catalog, I like the new US Steel Searchlight car. I haven't seen a searchlight car where the light rotates as the car moves. That's pretty cool. It would also be easy to say I'm interested in the Hogwarts Express just because of my kids, but I like it, too. :)

3. Renovo PPR

Renovo PPR Just a Farmer

I hear you I ordered two HE sets from my LHS. I,m glad I did because all of the sets that he has ordered are now sold. Maybe I should of bought one for myself too. I'm not sure when they come in but I can't wait to see what the set looks like.
  4. ozzy

ozzy Active Member

i already have some newer lionel steam, what i dont have is newer diesel , and i found a few in the new book i want. some under 100.00. no need for one with all the sounds and stuff, i use post war transformers. heck , i dont even have a place to run o scale at home, but i keep buying think god the club has an o scale layout, its an all scale club.