lionel help

Discussion in 'FAQs' started by d8r, Sep 2, 2003.

1. d8r

d8r New Member

Just got old lionel set looking for info on...age,value,parts..ect...
    any help would be great....
    locamotive 233&233w,hopper car 6436,tank car 6465,caboose 6017...ect....:confused:
  2. Ray Marinaccio

Ray Marinaccio Active Member

I'm not a Lionel expert, But I beleive what you have is a Lionel "Scout" set from the early 60s. As for value, not as much as you would think. They were plentiful and aren't sot after by collectors.
    Due to the design they are hard to work on. Some reproduction parts are made.
  3. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

Welcome to the-gauge, d8r! Do you have other trains as well?
  4. pcentral

pcentral Member

Hi d8r and Welcome to the Gauge!
    Sorry, but I have been away from here for a while and just saw your post. Your engine was produced in 1961 and 1962. The cars were also available during these years. If you can provide more info I can give you a more acurate date and approximate values. To do this I need to know:
    1. the colors and road names on the cars
    2. if you have the boxes(individual and/or set box)
    3. do you have a transformer and which one
    4. do you have any accessories for the trains
    I can tell you your engine is one of the better plastic "scout" engines with a liquid smoke unit and Magne-traction. I get all my parts from Mike's Trains and Hobbies, the largest Lionel parts dealer on the west coast. Mike has a website with parts lists, but I can't find the address right now. I will post the address later. Look forward to hearing from you.