Lionel Hallmark Ornaments

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Herc Driver, Dec 29, 2006.

1. Herc Driver

Herc Driver Active Member

Just browsing the mall today and saw these in a Hallmark store - Lionel ornaments of the UP Turbine and its tender for 60% off. They're a bit bigger than Zscale and smaller than Nscale but look good sitting on a book shelf! The trucks and wheel sets are moveable and there's a simple hook-type coupler. I pulled the ornament loop off the top of both and will one day patch up the hole, but for now, they're quite a conversation piece. There's also a matching stock car with two opening doors that seems just a bit larger scale than the engine/tanker. But at that discount - they're a steal.

Attached Files:

2. Mike14xx

Mike14xx New Member

I know those. I have the general and its tender and the Lionel Blue Comet and tender and its coach which has working inside lights.
  3. Herc Driver

If you want to add to the collection - now's the time 'cause they're cheap!
  4. CCT70

CCT70 Member

My girlfriend is infatuated with the Daylight. Boy was she unhappy when she noticed her 4449 Hallmark ornament missing from the curio cabinet. Until I pointed to the pull chain on the ceiling fan.

Makes a great chain pull knob. :D
  5. Herc Driver

6. kf4jqd

kf4jqd Active Member

There is an entire series going back to 1995. I have ALL of them on my tree! They sit nicely on N scale track.