Lionel going across the pound

Discussion in 'G / O / S Scale Model Trains' started by Renovo PPR, Jan 13, 2008.

1. Renovo PPR

Renovo PPR Just a Farmer

I just read some information that Lionel will produce some famous European-style steam engines in 2008. I love the look of the HE steam engine and I know I will strongly consider something different.

Does anyone else have some interest in the non-American look?
  2. cnw1995

cnw1995 Member

I am most definitely interested in British-outline engines and rolling stock. I'll be intrigued to see where this goes... in tandem with the MTH Orient Express and loco (if that ever makes it)
  3. 60103

60103 Pooh Bah

I hope they're inspired to make a reasonably priced transformer for European current. In England, the set with power supply is twice the price of one without. One fellow called Lionel and got no help. While you can get a 220:110 step down transformer, the new electronic circuitry doesn't like 50 cycle current.
  4. spankybird

spankybird OTTS Founder

This is one of the MTH engines

5. spankybird

spankybird OTTS Founder

I don't believe they are planing on makeing the set to sale over sea's, but the engines to be sold in the US. I have to agree with you that someone should be considering a way to convert these at a low price.
  6. kfh227

kfh227 Member

spankybird, that engine looks awesome. Any information on pricing?
  7. ozzy

ozzy Active Member

orient express 2-3-1E pacific steam engine. $999.95
    page 94 and 95 in the 2008 MTH book