Lionel Clock

Allstate81140

Feb 19, 2004
Visalia, CA.
Visit site
Hi all. Did anyone besides me get taken with one of those Lionel clocks that has a train on it that goes around once and then dies? Ha ha. I took four back, and they are all the same. This train is run on "C" size batteries, and the only switch that starts it is built into this little dinky battery powered clock motor. Ha ha.

I think I am going to mount a switch to the train so I can show it at random when people want to see it. It is supposed to go around every hour, but will go whenever it feels like it after about one run. Ha ha.

Love the clock and will keep it, but what a piece of crap in the clock motor/train switch compartment. Ha ha.

I have another that whistles, makes track noise, etc., and never have any problem with that one.

Was just curious how many of you own one of these? They are neat. Just poorly made.

What shall we call this, the "Muntz" of the Lionel company, even though very likely made overseas? Ha ha.

All have a nice Thursday. Jack.

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
Yep - 2 different ones... Mine runs around the outside perimiter of the clock, you look at the side of the train as it travels counter-clockwise, There is a station at the top, a green tunnel at 5 o'clock and a gray bridge at 8 o'clock. :D

Allstate81140

Feb 19, 2004
Visalia, CA.
Visit site
Hi all. Yeah, I guess I should have described mine better. I forgot there are two Lionel clocks.

I have the wall clock that has the train that circles and stops at the top at the station, surrounded by mountains. I kid you not, I have taken several back. They run okay, it is the train that screws up. It runs at the wrong times, or not at all. But, have also noticed that most of the boxes looked to have been opened. Maybe this store is just putting them right back on the shelves. ???????

Guess I had better buy the other type too. Sounds like they are okay.

I will tell you my life history in a heartbeat------if there is something out there that is faulty, I will buy it. Ha ha. Bought my son a drill last Christmas, and the charger burned up, and one battery went bad in less than a month. I bought my son a "hang-up" Shop Vac recently. Bearings burned out. Ha ha. That isn't even counting the stuff I buy for myself and my wife. Ha ha. None of it was cheap stuff either.

Trains? Well, I seem to do pretty good on those, what few I own. Yeah, when it comes to trains, life is good. Ha ha.

Maybe that is a characteristic of Lionel history, trains always being late. Ha ha.

All have a great evening. Jack.