Linking pictures

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
The old forum had an option to either attach a picture, or to link to one and it would look like it was attached. I see posts where people have multiple pictures in one message, so I'm assuming they are linking them. I can't find that option, but I know it can be done here and there is no size limitation to boot.

I've been away from here too long and my memory is just too short... :sleeping: :sleeping: :eek:ops: :eek:ops:

When posting, select "Go Advanced." Select the "Insert IMage" icon in the toolbar at the top. It's the yellow icon. Write the full URL for where your image lives. (You have to have them hosted somewhere on the web.)

Do this for each image you wish to display.

Wayne

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Golly gee, "go advance" button, :rolleyes: Now if I could only find it.... :eek:ops: :eek:ops:

Aw, that's OK, I did find an "insert image" icon that I never paid attention to. I told you I was loosing it... :eek: :eek: :rolleyes:

F

Fred_M

Hi Don, using the "Go Advanced" button you can load multiple images as long as they are under 640 by 480 and 62K size by clicking on the "Manage Attachments". You can also link to off site images by using the standard image tags ]img[ www.insert name here.pgj ]/img[ by reversing the [ to look like [xxx] . If I just typed them a red X would appear, that's why I'm doing it backward. As to number of images per post, I don't think there is a limit anymore, just a limit on size and data. Fred

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Thanks Fred, in the old forum there was a limit of one attachment per post, or as many linked pictures as you wanted with no size restrictiion. I'll give them both a try in a bit since it would be nice to be able to post multiple pictures without having to upload them elsewhere first.

Between our mover earlier this year, and my shoulder surgery, I've not been as active here as I would like to have been. That should be changing though. :thumb: :thumb:

Chris Beard said:
My question is this: Once a picture is taken is there a way to make it only 640x480?

I guess I need to get out my instruction manual for my camera and actually read a little.
I use the free program Paint which is on nearly every computer that runs on Windows. I open the picture and under the "image" pull down, select "stretch/skew." I then enter the percentage that I want to reduce the image. (Use your calculator and divide 680 by the current width to find the percentage.)

Wayne

Yeah, I've used lots of viewer programs. That's a good program too. I keep going back to paint for simple image manipulation, adding text, cropping. I don't see anything hard about what I explained, though. Takes seconds to reduce the photo size. Thousands of ways of making soup, I guess. Take your pick.

Wayne

F

Fred_M

LOL, so if your picture is 980 by 567 how much % do you reduce it with paint to get it just under 640 by 480? With IRfan you can size by # of pixels by just typing them in. No math required. Fred

Ok, you win, downloading and installing the program will save several seconds with the calulator.

Just threw my suggestion out for the poster or others who may not be aware that they could already have the tools installed on their computer needed to perform the simple task asked about.

Wayne