Lindsay Drive

Bob Collins

Feb 1, 2001
Council Bluffs, IA
Visit site
I am sort of interested in an item I saw on E-bay, except the seller says it has "Lindsay Drive." Can anyone enlighten me on what it is. Sounds like maybe a direct drive on the axle rather than having a can motor or something similar.

Would love to learn more.

Thanks

Bob

Bob Collins

Feb 1, 2001
Council Bluffs, IA
Visit site
Gary et al;

It is item # 3127958872 on E-bay.

What it says, and I'll just address that part dealing with the power is, " Three vintage Athearn/Globe F-7 diesel locomotives with self contained Lindsay power trucks .......

.... The rear truck in each unit is powered with a self contained motor with worm gears on each end of the shaft which in turn drives spur gears on each wheel axle (very similar to the NWSL PDT trucks).............

They are UP A-B-B units that appear to be in good shape.

Bob

Gary Pfeil

May 7, 2001
Boonton NJ
Visit site
Bob, Vic probably knows about these. Globe was in the very first days of Athearn, I would guess mid fifties. While the concept of a self contained power truck is similar to the NWSL units, I'm sure the actual drive is considerably different! I can't say what kind of quality to expect, unless someone else says otherwise I wouldn't expect much. Might be nice as a collectable. I would expect a fairly high current draw, not so good for DCC. Sorry I can't help more.