Lilla Weneda

Discussion in 'Ship & Watercraft Models' started by jkrenzer, Dec 8, 2007.

1. jkrenzer

jkrenzer Member

I just finished a quick model from Digital Navy's free download section, Lilla Weneda a Polish river cruise boat. The kit is absolutely fabulous. I took a rest from my USS Porter only because I saw this model on DN's site and thought I just had to build it for my parents.

I highly reccommend the model, it's a great break from warships and the lines are incredible. I used the plastic from report covers to creat the windows.

I will post more pic.s tomorrow when my batteries finish charging for my camera.

The hull frame and deck are 1/32 balsa, the rest is straight off the printer. I deviated from the instructions as I plated the hull bottom first then attached the hull sides. I painted the lower hull after finishing with Model Master's Forest Green.

Attached Files:

2. dansls1

dansls1 Member

Very nice looking ship!
  3. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Is that... a "quick" model?!... Looks me it took a long time just to make all those chairs... It's a neat build! Waiting to see more pics ^^
  4. jkrenzer

jkrenzer Member

Batteries are charged. Here are some more pics.

Attached Files:

5. I just recently developed a technique for building the block and tackle used to hoisting the lifeboats. You can see it on my build thread "Building the Dan". If you are interested let me know. I got tired of the blank air between the boat and the Davits that almost all models have. It just screamed to be filled.
  6. paperbeam

paperbeam Member

Excellent build jkrenzer!:thumb:

How did you manage to get the life-preservers so rounded? They weren't add-ons were they?

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!:mrgreen:

Ping-Pong Ball Cannon and N/Z scale Old West paper models (free samples) at:
  7. Teamski

Teamski Member

Excellent job! Nice and clean.....

8. jkrenzer

jkrenzer Member

I would love to see a post on block and tackle. I did not trust mysslef on this larger scale and have since given away the model. I do tink that 1/200 as big as it is still allows some crude b & t, see below, that I can get away with.

Nothing special on the life perservers. Several laminations then used a Waldron punch die tool set for the center holes. The OD I simply nibbled away at with my favorite weapon, the single edge razor blade.

Attached Files: