Lilla Weneda

jkrenzer

Oct 2, 2007
Syracuse, NY
I just finished a quick model from Digital Navy's free download section, Lilla Weneda a Polish river cruise boat. The kit is absolutely fabulous. I took a rest from my USS Porter only because I saw this model on DN's site and thought I just had to build it for my parents.

I highly reccommend the model, it's a great break from warships and the lines are incredible. I used the plastic from report covers to creat the windows.

I will post more pic.s tomorrow when my batteries finish charging for my camera.

The hull frame and deck are 1/32 balsa, the rest is straight off the printer. I deviated from the instructions as I plated the hull bottom first then attached the hull sides. I painted the lower hull after finishing with Model Master's Forest Green.

Attachments

• PICT0012.JPG
    PICT0012.JPG
    73.2 KB · Views: 48
  • PICT0013.JPG
    PICT0013.JPG
    73.3 KB · Views: 23

Lex

Dollmaker
Dec 1, 2006
Oxford, UK
I just finished a quick model from Digital Navy's free download section,
Is that... a "quick" model?!... Looks me it took a long time just to make all those chairs... It's a neat build! Waiting to see more pics ^^

jkrenzer

Oct 2, 2007
Syracuse, NY
Batteries are charged. Here are some more pics.

Attachments

• PICT0014.JPG
    PICT0014.JPG
    44.5 KB · Views: 16
  • PICT0015.JPG
    PICT0015.JPG
    84 KB · Views: 25
  • PICT0016.JPG
    PICT0016.JPG
    67.7 KB · Views: 19
  • PICT0017.JPG
    PICT0017.JPG
    60.5 KB · Views: 15
  • PICT0018.JPG
    PICT0018.JPG
    58.2 KB · Views: 16
  • PICT0021.jpg
    PICT0021.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 24
B

Bionic Modeler

I just recently developed a technique for building the block and tackle used to hoisting the lifeboats. You can see it on my build thread "Building the Dan". If you are interested let me know. I got tired of the blank air between the boat and the Davits that almost all models have. It just screamed to be filled.

paperbeam

Dec 16, 2006
Vancouver
Excellent build jkrenzer!:thumb:

How did you manage to get the life-preservers so rounded? They weren't add-ons were they?

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!:mrgreen:

Terry

Ping-Pong Ball Cannon and N/Z scale Old West paper models (free samples) at: http://www.paperbeam.com

jkrenzer

Oct 2, 2007
Syracuse, NY
I would love to see a post on block and tackle. I did not trust mysslef on this larger scale and have since given away the model. I do tink that 1/200 as big as it is still allows some crude b & t, see below, that I can get away with.

Nothing special on the life perservers. Several laminations then used a Waldron punch die tool set for the center holes. The OD I simply nibbled away at with my favorite weapon, the single edge razor blade.

Attachments

• nagato.jpg
    nagato.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 20
  • portland.JPG
    portland.JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 18