Lightship Ambrose (LV-87) / Digital Navy

Scorpio

Hello dear friends,

Around a break has to fill me decided a small ship to build. This is Lightship Ambrose (LV-87) graduation 1:250 from Digital Navy.

I have strengthened all frames with 1 mm of cardboard.

jleslie48

what a great picture essay!! thanks for sharing, it looks just beautiful.

thats about 50% of the regular size model correct?

Jim Krauzlis

Hi, Christoph! :D

What a wonderful treat to see you use your magic on this gem of a model from Digital Navy! I wonder if you can tell us how long it took you to build her...it's certainly a nice break from the larger and more detailed model ships you have treated us to in the past. :D

Your Ambrose came out brilliantly, though I have to admit I am not surprised with the excellent work you exhibit in this build. Superb job and equally superb photos of your little gem.

Could you tell me what you used for the railings, they came out great and add so much to the gem-like nature of this build. I also love the effect of the coiled rope on the deck, another exquisite feature that provides a nice touch to the overall build.

Bravo, Christoph, very, VERY well done, Sir! :D

Cheers!

Jim

DN

Hi Christoph
Great build! :D
Somehow, I got this impression that it took you like 5 or 10 minutes to build this one. And I ask myself how you manage to do it so fast, and with this precision :shock:
Cheers

jcrespo

Christoph,

Nice build, especially at the size. I printed it out twice the size but have yet to get around to building it. Only hope it comes out half as nice as yours.

Thanks for sharing the build photos.

Joe

Scorpio

Thanks friends for them all nice words!
I try something whenever I if this builds so loyal to original to copy like it is possible.

With the best friendly greetings
Christoph