Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by 46rob, Oct 2, 2006.

1. 46rob

46rob Member

There don't seeem to be many representations of this awsome plane around, wo I decided to take it on:

Attached Files:

2. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

Hi Rob,

Very cool looking Lightning...I plan to design one too :) but i think we find winner now :)
  3. 46rob

46rob Member

COMING FROM YOU--A GREAT COMPLIMENT.....takes me a bit longer, though, as I don't use any computer aided design programs--only for markings and color.
  4. rocketeer390

rocketeer390 New Member

Beautiful.How can I get one?
  5. 46rob

46rob Member

You'll have to wait a bit---there are a lot of glitches in it right now, and panel detail, color and shading needs to be done---not to mention such mundane things as cockpit details, wheel wells, tailpipes, landing gear and all those other "little things". I just roughed this out over the weekend.
  6. Texman

Texman Guest

That looks pretty cool. Sounds like you'll have a lot to offer when it's time. How's things with you? Looking forward to all you design, and the Thud! It's on my wish list!

7. cdcoyle

cdcoyle Member

That Lightning didn't just make a strike on the dollhouse, did it??:shock:
  8. rmks2000

rmks2000 Member

Looks great! Will your new and reworked models have interiors?
  9. 46rob

46rob Member

No--its flying CAP ;-)
  10. Alcides

Alcides Member

One of the reasons to subscribe to FG for me was to obtain your designs.

I waiting now for your "improve" designs.

This looks very good too.

11. 46rob

46rob Member

RMKS--Some wil have interiors--some partial interiors--a seat and instrument panel, most likely. At 1/48 scale, there's not much to see in those cramped early jet cockpits. Hopefully--DeWayne will be carrying my work in the near future.
  12. Texman

Texman Guest

Let's see, Rob's designs, DeWayne's site, and Paypal. Oh Lord, I am in so much trouble!!
  13. I certainly hope this turns out to be the case, Rob. I really like doing business with DeWayne and I really like your designs.

Cheers --- Larry
  14. 46rob

46rob Member

Look for the P-80 model soon......All it needs is some compilation now..
  15. furman

furman Member

I, for one, am also looking forward to having your designs available through DeWayne. He accepts money orders and I have to buy my kits with left over lunch money (credit cards and pay pal are tough for me becuase my wife always says "whats NOBI?" when she gets the statements).

Here's to the start of a beautiful relationship (hopefully).
  16. With teardrop tip tanks, Rob? Hope so :) I have the fuselage of your 'old' kit in progress (still needs nose and side pieces). Can't wait to see/get the redesign as it's a beautiful aircraft.

Cheers --- Larry
  17. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Hey Larry,

It will have all three wing tanks that the P-80 flew with!:grin:

JimG did a really nice job on the original Lockheed 165 gal tanks!