Lighting

Gary Pfeil

I am building a new section of my railroad benchwork this summer and am wondering how best to light it. This section is rather high and close to the ceiling. The area involved is about 5x 20'. Track height off floor is about 60", distance from top of structures to ceiling will be about 14". I am considering 4' flourescents mounted on 2' centers, running perpendicular to the front fascia, and using the clear 2 x 4' light panels used in drop ceilings. I would like to hear other opinions, perhaps something less expensive. I want even lighting, I do not want hot spots or multiple shadows. Any ideas would be most appreciated.

Thanks, Gary

shamus

Registered Member
Originally posted by Gary Pfeil
I am building a new section of my railroad benchwork this summer and am wondering how best to light it. This section is rather high and close to the ceiling. The area involved is about 5x 20'. Track height off floor is about 60", distance from top of structures to ceiling will be about 14". I am considering 4' flourescents mounted on 2' centers, running perpendicular to the front fascia, and using the clear 2 x 4' light panels used in drop ceilings. I would like to hear other opinions, perhaps something less expensive. I want even lighting, I do not want hot spots or multiple shadows. Any ideas would be most appreciated.

Thanks, Gary

Hi Gary, use Flourescent Daylight Tubes, I use these spread at 18" intervals on the ceiling.
Shamus
na1.jpg

waver.gif

NARA Member #24
http://www.badger-creek.co.uk