Lighthouse Model Art - going out of Business

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by lighthouse, Aug 9, 2006.

1. lighthouse

lighthouse Member

We have decided to call it a quit and therefore we are selling our entire inventory 50 % off price. Here is you chance to get cardmodels for a very low price. Only as long the inventory last. So act quick.

Visit us at

Ralf Schnurbusch
  2. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
  3. milhistory

milhistory Member

Happy about the opportunity to get many models at a great price.

EXTREMELY upset that we are losing a place to get those models, especially for those of us in North America.

4. goney3

goney3 Member

I was really stoked on ordering some stuff :) ... but then I saw that shipping was double the price of the items :shock:

I can't afford that right now... maybe next month?... but I don't think that'll happen. *sigh*

No option for "snail mail" surface? :sad: ... or was that price in Canadian dollars? ;)

... in any case I am sad to see the lighthouse go.
    All the best my friend!
  5. lighthouse

lighthouse Member

Shipping Charges

6. Alcides

Alcides Member

About shipping

Did you ship another countries? I live in Argentina.

7. lighthouse

lighthouse Member

We ship worldwide

Of course we ship anywhere

8. cecil.severs

cecil.severs New Member

Do you take PayPal?

9. lighthouse

lighthouse Member

We take Paypal

Of Course.
  10. goney3

goney3 Member

Yeah... 1 x Alvar Hansen Card Modelling $12.00
    Shipping... $12.25

Total: $24.25 ... hehehe, which was the original price before slashed price ;)

I was just taken a bit back because I know the US postal service can send an envelope "Economy (Surface) Letter Post" for $6.30 (4-6 weeks) to Canada.
    Air Mail Letter Post (4-7 days) is $7.40 ... and thats if the book weighed 2 lbs. :grin:

No worries, i thought I'd just snivel ;)
  11. the Hobby Factory

the Hobby Factory New Member

Shipping prices are something that have always been a concern with shipping from Canada. But Ralf does not set the rates, Canada Post sets the prices, and all businesses have to live with the high postal rates. Half the time it is cheaper to ship an item to the USA then it is to ship within Canada. :(
  12. Jim Krauzlis

Jim Krauzlis Active Member

Ralf, this is very sad of the best paper model suppliers I have had the pleasure of enjoying this hobby with. Your shop will be sorely missed by many, to be sure.

I do wish you all the best in whatever endeavors you turn your considerable talents to. I do hope you keep in touch with us no matter what.

13. Al hazlet

Al hazlet Member

I am very sorry to hear this. You'll be missed.
  14. Gil

Gil Active Member

Not A Happy Thing

Sorry to see you quit the business. I always enjoyed visiting your shop and realize the amount of work that you put into it. Your service will be sorely missed by many...,

Best regards, Gil
  15. GT5500

GT5500 Member

It is great shame I have never delt with Ralf but its always a shame to see another supplier dissapear when there are so few to start with. Would it be out of line for me to ask why you are closing down? please if you don't want to answer then don't feel obliged to.
  16. shoki2000

shoki2000 Active Member

First PMI and now Lighthouse...
    It's bad, it is really bad.....

Ralph - it was always a pleasure shopping at your website and thank you for an excellent service I always received.
  17. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

I think I can feel you, need money to run system. Papermodel is very easy to duplicated and share over the internet. My models got very few order too. Dont know how to solve this problem but I think there is some way to solve.

Thank you very much Ralph for all you did for our hobby. I will missed your shop and your Lighthouse...
  18. Fishcarver

Fishcarver Active Member

Ralf: This is indeed sad news! In the limited time that I have dealt with you, I have always had the very best of service. I will miss you.

Jim Roberts
  19. lrjanzen

lrjanzen Member

Is PMI Gone? THier sight seems to be up and I have conteacted them within the last couple of weeks? Of course i cold just be out of the loop...:?
  20. rmks2000

rmks2000 Member

PMI isn't gone. Lou is retiring and I believe that he has a buyer for the business.