Liftout section for layout

coachsig

I really enjoy reading all the posts. You guys are so knowledgeable and innovative! I visit the Guage almost everyday trying to learn from the successes (and failures/should say learning experiences) of all the members.
I need to put in a liftout section so I have access to my circuit breaker panel for the house. It will be located in the corner of an 'L' shaped layout 30" deep. My question is concerning how to connect the track and surrounding scenery. Any ideas out there would be appreciated.

By the way, I plan to model central Pennsylvania...mountains, rivers, streams, etc. centered in the Lock Haven area. PRR will be my major line with a dabbling of NYC as they shared trackage in that area.

Thanks in advance!!

Woodie

Lifout Section

I don't know, coachsig. BUt I've seen some hints and standards etc here. The NMRA WEbsite. Perhaps they've got something useful? click here

Gary Pfeil

John, It would be best if you arrainge things so that there will not be any track on the liftout section. As far as the scenery goes, a slight rise in front of the liftout section will help hide the joint lines, Shamus had a thread on a liftout on here somewhere, you may want to find it.

Gary

alkcnw

The thread you want to look at is near the bottom of this page.Its called lift out joints or something like that. I just looked at it and I can't even remember it! (old age):eek: