Lifelike N scale quality?

who_dat73

Jan 18, 2005
Minnesota
You want some track to start you off?

I have some extra track that I was given to start me out in N scale. If you like I am willing to pass it on as it was givin to me to help me start out and only ask for shipping cost and that you would help the next new guy that you run acrost if you can !!
It is differant lengths if flex track in Nickle Silver code 80 I think its the one with the black ties
Sound like a deal Alaxender??
Thanks
Mike
Ps. I am just begining and still new to N scale I have three Bach. Spectrum Locos and they run good little noise but for the price and just starting out not bad..

3railguy

Sep 7, 2004
Kaukauna, WI
If your budget is limited and you are working with a 1 M x 1 M table, then a starter set may be the way to go. You can always expand and improve over time.

who_dat73 said:
I have some extra track that I was given to start me out in N scale. If you like I am willing to pass it on as it was givin to me to help me start out and only ask for shipping cost and that you would help the next new guy that you run acrost if you can !!
It is differant lengths if flex track in Nickle Silver code 80 I think its the one with the black ties
Sound like a deal Alaxender??
Thanks
Mike
Ps. I am just begining and still new to N scale I have three Bach. Spectrum Locos and they run good little noise but for the price and just starting out not bad..

it depends, being in Australia, i cant really pay for postage, and it can be expensive international

DavidB-AU

Feb 26, 2006
The "white box" Bachmann locos are cheap rubbish. They might be okay for an absolute beginner but they won't give the "feel" of good quality N scale. They are 1970s quality.

Bachmann Spectrum are better but are still way behind Life Like, Atlas or Kato. Spectrum also tends to draw a lot more power than other brands.

Cheers
David