Life after 18 seconds

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by Trekcreations, May 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trekcreations

Trekcreations EnterpriseCreations

Hello folks,

Thought I would stop by and let you guys know that my wife and I are adopting a baby girl from China. We have decided to put together a little website to chronicle our journey. The first page is up, but will contain many more. Adoption is not cheap as some of you may already know, and to offset some of the finances, we have decided to ask for small donations. If you feel it in your heart to visit, please do so. Your prayers would mean all the world to us.

The website can be found at LifeAfter18Seconds

Just want you all to know that I am mostly a lurker but I so enjoy looking over all your beautiful work. I may just someday try my hand at some of these paper models. The detail and intricacy is outstanding.

Thanks guys,

2. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Nice... I can only offer you my best wishes...

--But well, may I ask, ...why China?
  3. Trekcreations

Thanks Lex, your best wishes are most appreciated :)

My wife and I chose China for many reasons. We looked into adoption here in the states first, but there is simply too much red tape, and too much to worry about regarding parents rights. A mother may re-claim her child for upwards of 2 years. We can not imagine having a child that long only to have to return him or her to a mother who has changed her mind.

In China, because of the population control, and fathers wanting sons, baby girls are being abandoned almost daily. It's really sad actually.
  4. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

I agree, that's the perils of an overpopulated society... It's just that I thought these adoptions are generally oriented at Africa, which is why I ask. Well, good luck with it and hope you enjoy your new life with the baby ^^
  5. Trekcreations

Thanks Lex :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.