Liebherr LTM 11200-9.1 Build

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by imavingalaughaswell, Dec 27, 2009.

  1. update

    Hi Folks ...

    Its been a few days i think since my last update so ive took a break to give an update with a few pics ...

    After finishing the chassis i then started to work upwards from that,again using Volker's original disign and pics of the real thing as a starting point ...

    pic 1 ....the pieces that have the reflectors on ,i made them the full width of the underside..glued them all on only to find that the wheels no longer had room to turn..out with the big bladed knife again ..changed them to suit ..see pic 4..

    pic 2 ,the start of the floor on top of the chassis ,still bits to add on

    pic 6 , floorplan of the area behind the cab,holds the engine,air filter and various other bits on the real thing ...on Volker's original this was all one piece.

    Will be back soon

    Attached Files:

  2. cgutzmer

    cgutzmer Active Member

    nice work there! keep the updates coming :)
  3. Elliott

    Elliott Senior Member

    I like the way you are meeting the challenges as they arise. You are definitely showing growth in your design and building skills. I remember some of your first attempts. You've come a long way!!
  4. bluehmstr

    bluehmstr Lurking Newbie

    The level of detail you can get with paper just astounds me.
  5. update

    and yet another update ....

    been working on the area behind the cab ...

    pics ....

    be back soon

    Attached Files:

  6. update

    yup you guessed ..i'm back again lol ...

    not much to say really do that ...

    will be back ...

    Attached Files:

  7. update

    well its been a few days i think since i last updated ...

    okies this is maybe the first time ive really got set into a design and build project ,and ive now got to a point where ive hit a few problems with the first attempt ...

    so build on "mark1" has now stopped ..its still there in one piece but i'm not adding any more to it ...

    so onto "mark2" ,resolving some of the issues i have with the first as i go ...

    first issue i'm dealing with on second build is a complete re-design of the chassis working from scale drawings rather than the original model from Volker's design ,the basic shape is more or less the same but ive corrected dimensions , going from "oh its near enough" to "its exact size",also adding internal stiffening,the main problem was with the overall size and the axle positions,this affected parts that should have fitted on top of the chassis ,but don't because axle positions are out a bit..

    next on the list is a redisign of the wheels and another redisign of the axles and suspension set up ,again an issue with the wheels is the sharp edges from the side wall to the rim,this affects stearing of the wheels,bit hard to explain but it does ! ....

    ok enough for now , when i get a bit more done i will post pics of new version ,pointing out changes ..

    will be back soon...
  8. Elliott

    Elliott Senior Member

    Looking forward to Mk.2!
  9. doctormaxart

    doctormaxart New Member

    A very interesting build, Looks fairly good of a model on the whole looking forward to see what she looks like finished and on the way.
  10. MAGI

    MAGI Member

    That was impressive.
    The attention to detail of those wheels was unbelievable.
    Thanks for posting I really hope to see your next build\design.
    Awesome post.

Share This Page