Licence plates

shortliner

Dec 23, 2004
I found this link on another group - may be useful make, save, resize in an art prog and cut and use <http://www.acme.com/licensemaker/licensemaker.cgi>
Shortliner(Jack)away up here in the Highlands
user_online.gif

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Thanks for the link Jack. One thought that comes to mind is making a wall of different license plates like you see on the sides of garages and barns. Should be able to tile it in a publishing program and reduce it to fit. I'm gunna give that a try....

shortliner

Dec 23, 2004
EZ - I think there are probably quite a lot of uses - may even work for simple signs - and there are some other interesting "applications" listed on the home-page. I've seen another program that makes Highway and Interstate signs, but I don't have a link - mainly 'cos I couldn't get it to work - a shame as here in the Far North of Scotland, we don't get a lot of chance to get a "correct" sign to put at the far side of a highway overpass for example - indicating a turn-off to an airport or similar - would just help to "individualise" a layout.
Owner, operator and sole employee of the Ross County Short Line

shortliner

Dec 23, 2004
Papa Bear said:
Jack, these may be the links you were thinking of. This one makes freeway signs:
http://www.kurumi.com/roads/signmaker/index.html

This one makes highway route shields:
http://www.kendrick.org/shields-up/default.aspx

Papa Bear, Thanks - I can't get it to work 'cos it tells me my browser doesn't support Java. - Anybody know what I need to do to solve this problem?? I'm running XP, with 2mb Broadband so download isn't a big problem

Pitchwife

Dreamer
Apr 23, 2001
The middle of nowhere Oregon
Visit site
Jack, if you are using IE6 click on Tools in the top menu, then Internet Options and the Advanced tab. About halfway down you will see a Java setting. Check the box and restart your computer. That should get you going with Java. Hope this helps.

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Just in case there's any doubt about mine being the real deal, here's a photo taken last Saturday in Oak Creek Canyon outside of Sedona.:wave::wave: I gotta admit though, the ones you can make using that link aren't bad at all...:D

Attachments

• Sedona car.jpg
    Sedona car.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 26

jmarksbery

Sep 25, 2002
Butler, Kentucky USA
members.aol.com
:eek:ops: I still can't get the SignMaker to work offline, (course I'm stupid about Java) I have done both what the web said and also here. I have the latest Java and it is on but no-go. I also am running XP and almost 500mg of memory. Help again! I really like the program but would like to do it off line. Thanks, :sleeping: Jim

Papa Bear

Dec 28, 2003
South Alabama
www.route29.com
Jim, this is what I did to get it to work offline.

1. Take all the files you unzipped from the website and put them in a file under the C: drive ex: C:\SignMaker

2. Open the MS DOS Command Window

3. Change your directory to C:\SignMaker>

4. Type java SignMaker

Be sure to use the correct case since java is case sensitive.

That should work. PM me if you have any problems.

jmarksbery

Sep 25, 2002
Butler, Kentucky USA
members.aol.com
:eek:ops: Ah Man, that was to damn easy when you know how! :curse: I was about to pull my hair out trying to figure what I was doing wrong. :rolleyes: You'd think they would tell you that. Thank you so much friend. See you later, :wave: Jim

Col. Jim Marksberry

petepuma

Jan 26, 2005
Salem, Oregon
ezdays said:
Just in case there's any doubt about mine being the real deal, here's a photo taken last Saturday in Oak Creek Canyon outside of Sedona.:wave::wave: I gotta admit though, the ones you can make using that link aren't bad at all...:D

..."Son your going to drive me to drinking if don't stop driving that hot rod Lincoln...":D :D :D

I sure love drinving through Arizona...Beautiful place...Lots to see.

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
petepuma said:
..."Son your going to drive me to drinking if don't stop driving that hot rod Lincoln...":D :D :D

I sure love drinving through Arizona...Beautiful place...Lots to see.
Yeah, it is, just about anywhere you go, the desert, the hills the mountains. We love the Sedona area, probably as much as the Grand Canyon.

But... right now there are places that aren't so beautiful. The heavy rains we had earlier this year gave us a beautiful spread of wildflowers and a bumper crop of weeds. They have dried out and are the fuel for wildfires all over the desert and high country. Not as bad as the ones we had up in the moutains the past few years, but they are fighting about four major fires right now, and have been averaging about one new fire a day. I-17 north of Phoenix has been closed on and off for the past three days because of one up north of Black Canyon City. :curse:

petepuma

Jan 26, 2005
Salem, Oregon
ezdays said:
Yeah, it is, just about anywhere you go, the desert, the hills the mountains. We love the Sedona area, probably as much as the Grand Canyon.

But... right now there are places that aren't so beautiful. The heavy rains we had earlier this year gave us a beautiful spread of wildflowers and a bumper crop of weeds. They have dried out and are the fuel for wildfires all over the desert and high country. Not as bad as the ones we had up in the moutains the past few years, but they are fighting about four major fires right now, and have been averaging about one new fire a day. I-17 north of Phoenix has been closed on and off for the past three days because of one up north of Black Canyon City. :curse:

I do love it down there. I used to spnd time at my Grandma's house in Yuma for holidays and some in the Summer. (So hot you'll cook in you shorts!) but I did do a bit of running around Yuma and the out skirts. I would like to speand some time up around the grand canyon and Flagstaff. In all of the times I've been to AZ I have neever seen the grand canyon...That's just wrong!:)

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
petepuma said:
I do love it down there. I used to spnd time at my Grandma's house in Yuma for holidays and some in the Summer. (So hot you'll cook in you shorts!) but I did do a bit of running around Yuma and the out skirts. I would like to speand some time up around the grand canyon and Flagstaff. In all of the times I've been to AZ I have neever seen the grand canyon...That's just wrong!:)
Yep, the Grand Canyon is one of the seven wonders of the world and is a "must see" destination if you're ever even close. The train ride from Williams isn't as nice as the one we just took through the Verde Canyon though.:thumb: Somehow Sedona holds its own with the Grand Canyon.:cool:

Been to Yuma, spent three years there in the service. I came to the Phoenix area to cool off..:D