LGB Circus Train Help

Discussion in 'G / O / S Scale Model Trains' started by mymouseandme, Apr 16, 2003.

1. mymouseandme

mymouseandme New Member

I'm trying to get some information on a train that I have. It's a circus train by Lehman. The model number is 92188.

I've looked for it on the internet but am having some trouble.

Does anyone know if this model is produced or sold any more? Can you date it?

Thanks in advance for your help.

2. MasonJar

MasonJar It's not rocket surgery

Hi Kathy,

I went to www.lgb.com and did a quick search for 92188, but didn't find anything. I then searched for "circus train" and got a starter set with the model number 92788. Is it possible this is what you are looking for?

I'd give you a link, but the url does not change as you navigate the LGB site. You will have to go and look it up yourself;)

It appears to be current, and still available. I don't know your location, but here is a great store in Quebec that deals extensively in LGB click here: Township Toy Trains.

Hope that helps.

3. mymouseandme

mymouseandme New Member

Thanks Andrew - I messed up the number. It's model 21988

Might help my search if I use the right number, hun?

4. MasonJar

MasonJar It's not rocket surgery

You might want to try just calling Township Toy Trains. Admittedly, I do not know much about LGB, but they have the biggest selection I have ever seen, plus a nice indoor/outdoor layout right at the store. Very friendly people too!

5. pcentral

pcentral Member

Hi Kathy,
    Welcome to the Gauge. I don't believe LGB currently catalogs any circus sets other than the Lehmann Toy Train set Andrew mentioned. Are you looking for a value for your set or to add to it? There are two places that might have your set in stock, or could give you a value for it if that's what you want. Try www.wattstrainshop.com or www.goldcoaststation.net
    Both of these places have extensive inventories of older LGB. Hans at Gold Coast Station had some Circus pieces in stock the last time I was in their place. BTW, they made two styles of circus sets. They made a european style train in a couple sets and a special limited edition American set. Let us know what you find out if you would please. Steve