Lewis & Clark (Event Horizon)

Rogerio Silva

Anyone know of a good paper model of the rescue ship Lewis and Clark, from the movie Event Horizon? I can't say that I'm gonna build it right now (please see my signature), but that would be a great model.
If not, maybe some refference material? I think I could try to model it (FAR, FAR, I MEAN VERY FAR from UHU02's fine art standard, so bear with me).

Rogério

N

niebla de fuego

I remember that movie, and liked it back then. I've also looked for a model of the ship with no luck. Apparently it has not been modeled yet in paper.

The only really useful image I found of it is in the followimg link: http://danielheslop.tripod.com/eh_schematic.jpg

And some trivia regarding the original prop used, according to IMDB:
The Event Horizon was modeled on Notre Dame cathedral. Its long corridor resembles a church nave, and its interior is filled with cruciform shapes, columns and vaults. Also, its engines resemble rotated church towers.
The model of the Event Horizon includes a complete "X-Wing" from Star Wars as part of an antenna array. The model is visible on the lower portion of the Event Horizon during the first flyby by the Lewis & Clark.

Rogerio Silva

Niiiice...

I remember that movie, and liked it back then. I've also looked for a model of the ship with no luck. Apparently it has not been modeled yet in paper.

And some trivia regarding the original prop used, according to IMDB:

Hey, niebla, nice info! :thumb: :cool: I didn't know that... :cry: If you find some refference material, please, let me know. Or, if we get lucky, maybe UHU02 decides to make one after his mighty Viper. :twisted: :mrgreen: :cool:

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I too have some pics buried in my archive. I'll try to dig them out and send them to you.

Rogerio Silva

Blindfold

RF

Many thanks, man, although I can't access that at work :curse: wall1, but I'll sure check it out when I get home (it's still morning now). Anyway, I predict this will be a huge project (at least for me), and an excellent opportunity to test my recently-acquired-feeble-modeling-skills, but an even greater chance to train and learn more.
Unfortunately, this will have to wait till the end of June and my other suspended projects.

gideon1962

Man, that movie really creeped me out. Especially the engine core room, not a place for someone with a fear of sharp objects! But a truly great ship to build!

Rogerio Silva

Teel me about it...

Man, that movie really creeped me out. Especially the engine core room, not a place for someone with a fear of sharp objects! But a truly great ship to build!

Well, that movie has brought together two of my favorite movie themes: scif-fi and terror. I know, it's crazy, but what can you do? I like it... :rolleyes:
I just hope I'm not plunging myself into a whole lot of trouble, but that's something I would like to do.:eek: Maybe with a little help from my friends, 'cause I'm not so good with textures! And please remember; this will be a long term project.
Who knows? Maybe I'll get lucky enough and the great UHU02 decides to make a model of the Lewis & Clark, thus saving my sorry carcasse! sign1 sign1 sign1

The titular ship would be incredibly fun to make. I do think it's structure would have to be reinforced as it is quite long and thin for the majority of the craft's body. Perhaps this could be done all in paper by making rolled strengthening rods?

I'd like to take a stab at it. I'll be lurking more and learning.

By the by, if there are any heavy metal fans here... check out Zao's "Liberate Te Ex Inferis" album... complete with audio samples from the movie. I like the album so much I have an LP/vinyl copy.

@Zathros. Know your fiction- on the movie they say the singularity is magnetically contained. I presume the movie-science is alluding to the singularity bringing the ship along because the magnetic field binds/protects them (just like an aircraft is dragged along by its propeller- which is isolated).

(see Dr. Weir's speech @15m:37s http://viooz.co/movies/3674-event-horizon-1997.html )

Rogerio Silva

firefoxussr

Thanks for visiting! Please, don't be on the edge of your seat for this project, for it haven't even started yet. I just INTEND to do it, but I'm between houses now, and things are quite low-paced in my papercraft kingdom.
I tried to post a few things on my threads but couldn't speed it up to the normal rythm, so I'm "going with the tide".
Thanks!

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Rogerio, if you build this, even a "one-off", you will be placed in the "World Paper Model World of Fame", being built at this moment, out of paper.

That truss structure wouldn't work in space either. The effects of inertia on something that massive on the end of a trust would break it into piece the moment (hehe) it moved! It's possible though, with some steel rod and paper though. I think the greebin would take 10 years or so. :)

As far as this movie goes, if someone asked me to go aboard a ship powered by a singularity, I would probably kill them and the people involved in the design. The movie had all the makings of a great movie, except for one thing, a plot.

firefoxussr is building the "Firefox" from the movie of the same name, so he won't be ready for a while either.

Rogerio Silva

Easy, man...

Rogerio, if you build this, even a "one-off", you will be placed in the "World Paper Model World of Fame", being built at this moment, out of paper.

That truss structure wouldn't work in space either. The effects of inertia on something that massive on the end of a trust would break it into piece the moment (hehe) it moved! It's possible though, with some steel rod and paper though. I think the greebin would take 10 years or so. :)

As far as this movie goes, if someone asked me to go aboard a ship powered by a singularity, I would probably kill them and the people involved in the design. The movie had all the makings of a great movie, except for one thing, a plot.

firefoxussr is building the "Firefox" from the movie of the same name, so he won't be ready for a while either.

My good friend

Actually, my goal would be the "Lewis and Clark" (the rescue ship), not the Event Horizon itself...:eek:ops: Not at all, that ship would be something very difficult to do,:eek: although you can see what the GREAT UHU02 did with the "Discovery" from 2001. :inw:
I don't think I'm 10% THAT good yet...wall1 But hey, what can I say? I liked that creepy movie, man... It joined terror and sci-fi, which makes it completely non-adherent to any truth whatsoever...:cry: No commitments to coherence! sign1 sign1

Strode

Aw man....i love the event horizon. LOVE IT. more so than the movie. movie was pretty alright but i just fell in love with the ship. have been collecting reference images for months now wherever i may find them but have yet to figure out the internal truss/support structure for the long corridor. this is on my "going to one day build it because i'm plain crazy" list

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
There is a resin model of that ship. I got the two confused. This one out of paper would be very difficult because of the compound curves. :)

LEWIS-and-CLARK-sized-499x211.jpg

spaceagent-9

Right Hand Man and Confidant
consider a near- hako style prototype, on a build thread here, and then as you refine the parts, you can add them to the thread. I also love that ship, and anything that even comes close would be great to build and have.
jim