Let's try this again...

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by Uteram, Mar 14, 2002.

1. Uteram

Uteram Member

Here you go....
  2. Uteram

Uteram Member

Attached Files:

3. Uteram

Uteram Member

4. Uteram

Uteram Member

___

Attached Files:

5. Uteram

Uteram Member

Attached Files:

6. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

The modeling looks excellent, but everything has a yellowish/orangesh tint to it. If that's not the actual color of the ground, etc. and you are using a reg. camera try putting a blue filter on it. If on the other hand you were trying a sunrise or sunset shot you nailed it!!!:D
  7. roryglasgow

roryglasgow Active Member

I thought I'd play around with the image a little...I hope you don't mind, Uteram! I upped the blue by 60% and this is what I got!

I feel like I'm standing in the gorge!

-Rory

Attached Files:

8. Uteram

Uteram Member

In all honesty, I was going for the "sun breaking over the horizon in the morning" sort of look but I completely agree, the pictures are too yellow even with the Fall foliage. Good job Rory! Your work really helped me see the value in doctoring photos. I turned to my handy MS Photo Editor to do the following image. I did what you did and added blue to bring out the rocks more. Waddya think?;)
  9. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Hi, I also had a go with your other photo, and took it to a natural look, are these your rock colours?

Shamus
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

10. roryglasgow

Uteram,

Where's the image?

Also, how did you do the sky? Is it a painted backdrop? Or is it just a white surface lit up by a blue light? However you did it, it looks very realistic!

-Rory
  11. Woodie

Woodie Active Member

My Turn......

I really hope you don't mind, Uteram....... but I had a go too!:)
    I just altered the colour only. On a scale 1 - 256 (127 is the middle). I set red = 84, green = 102, blue = 185.

Attached Files:

12. Woodie

Woodie Active Member

and again......

and again......... BTW, Uteram, great pics and scene!!:D

Attached Files:

13. Uteram

Uteram Member

Nice job Shamus and Woodie.

Shamus, my rocks have a little more beige/tan in them but the effect you have given them looks great nonetheless!
  14. Uteram

Uteram Member

Rory...

the backdrop is a whitish-blue custom mixed interior paint I had done at Home Depot. I painted two coats over masonite.

Since you're in Huntsvile, the next time you're in Houston, send me an email and I'll be glad to show you the layout. Keep in mind though that is far from complete!
  15. roryglasgow

Great! I'll let you know the next time I'm in the area...

BTW, if you ever find yourself heading up through Huntsville, drop me a line!

-Rory