Let's see your Workbench II

Blake

bench.jpg

RailRon

Here is mine - half way between chaos and order...
The drawer with paint bottles can be closed, too! ;)

(Jim - I've beaten your time: Only 20 minutes between taking pic and posting pic :D :D :D)

Ron

Attachments

• workshop1.jpg
    workshop1.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 187

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Basement work area

This is set up on a desk I got for free, and the shelving came from a garage sale for about $2, 10 years ago...

Andrew

Attachments

• workbench sm.jpg
    workbench sm.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 148

Woodie

Workbench shmirkbench! Who needs one! I've got the largest one of the lotta ya!!! It's called "The Kitchen Floor". :):):):eek:

(It's cause I've got nowhere else!!)

This is a "mock up" of Garahbara MKII. The two dual track curves at the far end, will actually loop round onto each other.

There will be station platforms at the bottom right, and island platform in the "gap" in the middle, and a third platform on the left.

The spur with the freight containers will come into the left of the "left" platform and form a "dead end" for "out and back" operation. The other spur on the far left will split in two, and rejoin the mainlines further down past the station, and will contain wheat silos and a goods shed. A spur extending back "up" the kitchen from the siding/loop entry track will be a cattle yard and siding.

The dual mainlines will have a similar turnout/crossover structure at the end of the platforms (off the bottom of the pic), and loop round similar to the "far" end. (dogboned). :):)

That's a 9 car Indian Pacific "arriving" off the mainline. :):)

Woodie

Oh... and the pic.... DAMN!! Why do I always click the "submit" button instead............

Attachments

• floorweb.jpg
    floorweb.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 112

davidstrains

I like Woodie's area. Look at that wall beside the 'fridge. When the work gets a bit tough a little glass of wine makes everything look better.:) :) :)

TR-Flyer

I like the way Woodie took the time to mark the diamond grid points on the floor before he started laying track. Makes it easier to get things lined up straight. Especially if you overindulge in David's idea.

Woodie's workbench is the floor, Michelangelo’s canvas was a ceiling. Both have had water problems. Hmmm... need to look into this.

Regards,
Ted

Woodie

Hehehehe.:) How'd ya guess, Ted. Yep! I did use the grid to line up the tracks! :)

Michelangelo? He painted the Sixteenth Chapel, didn't he? (was a line in a movie. hehehe)

Now, a layout on the ceiling. That would be neat. :eek:

That was one side ,here is the other The hole in the wall goes into the roof space above my bedroom

Attachments

• work space.jpg
    work space.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 106
ok mikey heres mine and you clean your bench there for the shot too:D :D :D :D and one more:D :D :D :D rich

Attachments

• bench2.jpg
    bench2.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 107

Bill Pontin

Okay here is a picture of the dinky little space the wife has allocated me in the basement.

Attachments

• mvc-002s.jpg
    mvc-002s.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 76