Lets See Your Train Watching Vehicles

I know there was a thead of some unusual train watching vehicles and thought maybe some Gaugers may have some favorites.
Post yours or some you find.
Heres mine again.

zmytruck.jpg

Mike

:thumb: :wave: ;) :p :rolleyes: :cool: :) :mad: :D

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
Vic ...

If you can strap a BBQ on it, and put a keg on the top, you'd never have to leave (no drinking and driving tho'...).

My railfanning vehicle is the same old rusty VW Golf that I drive to work in everyday... :(

Andrew

Vic

Feb 1, 2002
Columbus GA
Visit site
My Favorite One

Here's the one I drive when I'm not making a spectacale of myself!!!

1999 Ford Explorer XLT, Fuel Injected 302 (5.0), Hot Chip, FlowMaster Exhaust, Full Tow Package, Bose Sound, leather and too many other toys to mention. I'm the third owner but it still only has 38,000 miles.

Attachments

• Explorer2.jpg
    Explorer2.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 250
here is my train hunting rig for when i am at home. in this shot it is decked out for my other passion, surf fishin'. sitting on the beach at San Luis Pass on Galveston Island in Texas. theres some good fishin out there if you know the right spot.

fishin%20fool.JPG

here is my railfanning rig i use when i am at work. except that i am on truck 128 now. same type and color tho. i took this shot in Lancaster PA, the winter before last, during that so called storm of the century that collapsed the roof on the old B&O roundhouse.

Lancaster%20snow.JPG

Lighthorseman

Jul 24, 2002
Out in the sticks
Visit site
Train Chasin' Units, eh?

Well, in my opinion, nothing beats saddling up your horse, and riding down to the tracks for a little railfanning. Before I die, I would like to (seriously) railfan steam from the back of a horse.

At the moment, sadly, I am between horses. :( In the meantime, I guess that this'll have to do.

Attachments

• Silver In Driveway.jpg
    Silver In Driveway.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 137

Lighthorseman

Jul 24, 2002
Out in the sticks
Visit site
You! Train! Freeze!!

Okay, well, they wouldn't stop for this thing, most likely drive by laughing. :rolleyes:

However, it's a fun weekend vehicle to play with...when they actually run, which isn't all that often. This one, for example, is a case in point. Taken during a gun camp, it got to the firing pad under its own power...then quit. (Transfer case blew up.) However, the gun and radio worked, so there it sat all weekend...until a wrecker arrived late Sunday.

Attachments

• Cougar On Firing Line.jpg
    Cougar On Firing Line.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 135