Lets See Your Train Watching Vehicles

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by fifer, Jun 22, 2004.

1. fifer

fifer Active Member

I know there was a thead of some unusual train watching vehicles and thought maybe some Gaugers may have some favorites.
    Post yours or some you find.
    Heres mine again.

:thumb: :wave: ;) :p :rolleyes: :cool: :) :mad: :D
  2. siderod

siderod Member

i got a red '91 Ford Festiva (anyone know these?) And a tan (technically, it's "light sand-drift mettalic") '99 Chevy Malibu

i'll post pics tomorro if i can
  3. Vic

Vic Active Member

:eek: :D :) :wave: ;) :cool:

Attached Files:

• SUV.gif
      File size:
      48 KB
  4. cidchase

cidchase Active Member

When Vic says "I gotta go", he ain't just
    a-whistlin' Dixie, he's serious!!!! :thumb: :thumb:
  5. MasonJar

MasonJar It's not rocket surgery

Vic ...

If you can strap a BBQ on it, and put a keg on the top, you'd never have to leave (no drinking and driving tho'...).

My railfanning vehicle is the same old rusty VW Golf that I drive to work in everyday... :(

6. Clerk

Clerk Active Member

Wow Vic. No running into the bushes anymore.
  7. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

Vic I don't know where you got that but I WANT IT!!!!!!!!! :cool: :D :thumb:
  8. jmarksbery

jmarksbery Active Member

:rolleyes: I drive a '97 GEO Metro 2dr called the Frog, my wife won't ride in it but I pass up a lot of gas stations! :D :p
  9. Clerk

Clerk Active Member

Mine is the only vehicle I have, a 95 Buick Lesaber. As far as gas stations go, it is about the middle of the road. :confused: :eek:
  10. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

Ok, Here's mine :) If I'm not on the 1972 Catalina, I'm in The PT cruiser "woodie" or the Mustang :) :)

But whatever the car - It's always a Train Hunting Vehicle! :D :D :D :D

Attached Files:

11. Glen Haasdyk

Glen Haasdyk Active Member

12. Vic

Vic Active Member

If there's a bunch of us going railfaning we take the motor home.
    :eek: :D :) :thumb: :wave: :D :cool:

Attached Files:

13. fifer

fifer Active Member

Here is what we take as a group in remote places.

14. Vic

Vic Active Member

My Favorite One

Here's the one I drive when I'm not making a spectacale of myself!!!

1999 Ford Explorer XLT, Fuel Injected 302 (5.0), Hot Chip, FlowMaster Exhaust, Full Tow Package, Bose Sound, leather and too many other toys to mention. I'm the third owner but it still only has 38,000 miles.

Attached Files:

15. trainworm

trainworm Member

here is my train hunting rig for when i am at home. in this shot it is decked out for my other passion, surf fishin'. sitting on the beach at San Luis Pass on Galveston Island in Texas. theres some good fishin out there if you know the right spot.

here is my railfanning rig i use when i am at work. except that i am on truck 128 now. same type and color tho. i took this shot in Lancaster PA, the winter before last, during that so called storm of the century that collapsed the roof on the old B&O roundhouse.

16. Tileguy

Tileguy Member

Ya'll need to get airconditioned.
    This is how ya go watch trains :D

Attached Files:

17. Jodam

Jodam Member

This is what i built to chase them Speedin Loco's.

Attached Files:

18. belg

belg Member

Vic I guess with vehicles like those you don't ever have to worry about Mother natures call making you miss a shot. You could literally do both at once!
  19. Lighthorseman

Lighthorseman Active Member

Train Chasin' Units, eh?

Well, in my opinion, nothing beats saddling up your horse, and riding down to the tracks for a little railfanning. Before I die, I would like to (seriously) railfan steam from the back of a horse.

At the moment, sadly, I am between horses. :( In the meantime, I guess that this'll have to do.

Attached Files:

20. Lighthorseman

Lighthorseman Active Member

You! Train! Freeze!!

Okay, well, they wouldn't stop for this thing, most likely drive by laughing. :rolleyes:

However, it's a fun weekend vehicle to play with...when they actually run, which isn't all that often. This one, for example, is a case in point. Taken during a gun camp, it got to the firing pad under its own power...then quit. (Transfer case blew up.) However, the gun and radio worked, so there it sat all weekend...until a wrecker arrived late Sunday.

Attached Files: