Let the debate begin...

Dave Treby

Mar 8, 2005
Totnes, Devon UK
I've almost finished Admiral Ushakov. I bought the Gremir version download, but I think it's the same as the Promodel one, with the option of printing another sheet if you screw up. It's excellent and I've really enjoyed building it, just slowed at the tedium of building 14 lifeboats! I built a waterline version instead of the full hull supplied with no problems. Everything fits and it looks good. If you do go this way there are several online photos of the real thing which help, as mast configuration seems to have changed.

Dave Treby

Mar 8, 2005
Totnes, Devon UK
I've almost finished Admiral Ushakov. I bought the Gremir version download, but I think it's the same as the Promodel one, with the option of printing another sheet if you screw up. It's excellent and I've really enjoyed building it, just slowed at the tedium of building 14 lifeboats! I built a waterline version instead of the full hull supplied with no problems. Everything fits and it looks good. If you do go this way there are several online photos of the real thing which help, as mast configuration seems to have changed.