Let me introduce myself....

Clark A.

:) I just got here a few days ago, started posting so I might as well introduce myself. I am young (teens) and new train modeler, starteing wiht HO stuff. I want to start my layout this winter. Named Clarkesville after the song. IT will have a large city area and a residential area as well. MAinly a tourist town, the trian that brings folks into town is an old Steam Loco. They also export some raw material(coal) and things like that. Should be a pretty small layout to start, but should grow. A trolley will run around town. Houses and buildings lighted for night runs. I'm a certified boatnerd on http://boatnerd.com (different screen name there, Jeff G.) I enjoy modeling boats and and watching them. I am also into radio here and vacationing in Port Huron and Mackinac Island.:)

Clark/Jeff:D

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Welcome Clark/Jeff. Maybe you should have a harbour on you layout so you could have some boats in the scene too

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Welcome aboard! "Last train to Clarksville" is now in my head. :) Your ideas for the layout sound like fun. Best wishes on the construction and do keep us up to date!
Ralph

Sir_Prize

Hey, from WAY South!
You'll find lots of Great craftsmen (ladies included in that... we tend for non-PC here),
Lots of friends to be made, Great help and info. to be found.
Enjoy your ride. Talk with ya' sometime...

spitfire

Welcome to the Gauge!!!! Your layout sounds like it will have a little of everything - should be a lot of fun to build. I'm rather partial to city scenes and trolleys as well, so good for you!

Val

Tileguy

Welcome to the wonderful World of Model railroading and the Gauge.
We dont consider each other fanatics here although the rest of the World may beg to differ ;)

So i'll just bet youve got your eye on Walthers Cornerstone Clarksville station kit dont ya :D

Clark A.

Tileguy I just happen to have that kit! I just finished it yesterday! Thanks for your outpouring of affection and welcome..

Clark

Clark A.

I am not your typical 13 yr old you'll find. I hate rap and heavy stuff. More for lite rock and oldies so there you go

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
LOL - Then You and I have to have a talk :) :)

I'm into Fleetwood Mac, The Monkees, most any "lite Rock" song from the 60's & 70's and I'm a huge Beatles & 60's TV geek LOL

shaygetz

Clark A. said:
I am not your typical 13 yr old you'll find. I hate rap and heavy stuff. More for lite rock and oldies so there you go

Don't think of it as "oldies", think of it as "time tested". Old fogies like me will be less likely to throw things at you. ;) :p Now...where'd I put that 45 of Mott the Hoople's "All the Young Dudes"?

SAL Comet

60's TV geek, Now your talkin' Mikey. Beverly Hillbillies, Andy Griffith, Gilligan's Island, don't get me started

Woodie

Hey Clark :wave: Big G'days from the other side of the world. :cool: **high fives** That should be a real FAB layout like that. And yeah, a little harbour/beachfront would be real naff too, I reckon. :D :wave: :thumb:

Welcome, Clark

Welcome to the place where you are never to old or young to play with trains.

Any one know where I can get a needle for my phonograph.....just kidding....remember those pink and white things that looked like a breifcase with a built-in speaker...... :wave:

Clark A.

shaygetz said:
Don't think of it as "oldies", think of it as "time tested". Old fogies like me will be less likely to throw things at you. ;) :p Now...where'd I put that 45 of Mott the Hoople's "All the Young Dudes"?
Well tell 104.3 WOMC and 96 WHNN that! Lol. THats what they call it so thats what i'll call it. Lol. I actually dont know why they are called Oldies anyway. Those stations play 60s and 70s.

jetrock

"Oldies" is kind of a relative term--first it's a hit, then it's passe', then it's classic rock, then it's oldies.

I felt like an oldie the first time I heard a song that came out when I was in high school played on a "classic rock" station (some Van Halen song, I think, from "1984".)

Liking old stuff is a definite plus in the world of model railroading.