Lessons through the hardway

Discussion in 'Everything else' started by raiwong, Jun 22, 2005.

1. raiwong

raiwong Member

Firstly, I would like thank all of you for all your invaluable advice you all have given me. I am indeed learn the following through hardways:

1. Always present a professional looking picture of your completed model as people normally judge the quality of your model based on the picture you are showing. During the earlier days, I used my > 20 year-old camera and scanned the developed not-so-clear pics before uploading them.

2. Always test your models before putting them on the Internet for sale or as a free downloads. The first impression counts. Even if your next model is truly of professionally quality, a previous experience with an earlier model may prevent the buyer to buy the next model from you. My impatience had led me to put my models on the internet without proper tests. It would be nice to have an organisation that approves paper models. It's impossible to undo things and to make some people feel that they have never heard of Raiwong before to create good first impressions again.

3. Always make sure that there is no interruption when you design and build your paper models to ensure zero or public acceptable among of error.

I had face many PC problems (screen freezing up, windows opening and closing suddenly as I moved my mouse) before but now, since the problems are almost 100% settled, I should be able to produce better paper models for the people.

Thank you for allowing me to share, and happy modelling to you all.

2. NYC Irish

NYC Irish Member

Dont worry its a learning experience..
    something I leaned, the hard way, never ask someone to pass you a cup of tea over your lovely 1/144 scale DN Yamato. :shock: :shock: :shock:

John John

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy raiwong, ny, everyone,

The school of "hardknocks" is not one you will ever graduate from. One of my favorite passages from the "schools textbook" is:

"A fool learns from his experience. A wise person learns from the experience of others." (Otto von Bismarck, German Chancellor, 1815 - 1898)

And once we all learn something from our own mistakes, we are more careful from then on to pay attention to others.

and ps. I liked the models raiwong, although I havent had a chance to build them

have a good evening,

Greg aka GW