Leo's Vostok rides the rails

Discussion in 'Space & Aeronautics' started by BARX2, Feb 25, 2009.

1. BARX2

BARX2 Member

Attached Files:

2. dhanners

dhanners Member

Wow! What a display you've got there. Excellent work you've done there.
  3. jagolden

jagolden Guest

Absolutely stunning, barx2! Just spectacular!
  4. gpw

gpw Member

Wow, that is really impressive. Brilliant job. :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

5. SAustin16

SAustin16 Member

Outstanding job. Beautiful display.
  6. Ronson2k3

Ronson2k3 Member

Looks really awesome. Would the rails be purpose built (for movement around base) or would they be for transit between bases? I'm thinking this would launched from Star City alone but I could be wrong..

Just wondering about the rails?
  7. umtutsut

umtutsut Member

IIRC, the rails lead from the Russian equivalent of a Vehicle Assembly Building.

Les (Friendly Airplane Asylum flack)
  8. BARX2

BARX2 Member

9. dhanners

dhanners Member

You realize, of course, that next you're going to have to build the launch pad, the big flame trench, the lightning towers, etc.. Once you've started out with models looking this great, you just have to go whole hog....

Seriously, the more I look at the photos, the more impressed I am. Truly wonderful and inspiring work on the part of a a very talented designer and an equally talented builder.
  10. BARX2

BARX2 Member

Thanks David. If the kit were available I would absolutely build it! I think Leo is giving it some thought. :thumb:

I have even entertained the idea of building a full scale R-7 out of cardboard boxes in my back yard. Cosmonaut Farmer! sign1
  11. BCA

BCA New Member

Wonderfully Done - It looks as though it could launch & fly - hmmm? - wonder what size motor would launch her?
  12. BARX2

BARX2 Member

I think an Estes D or E would give a nice liftoff with the E giving the slower, more realistic, look I think. Ton Noteboom has designed a 1:48 Soyuz TMA flying model which can be downloaded on Jon Leslie's site (near the bottom of this page): http://jleslie48.com/gallery_models_real.html

I built Ton's Soyuz as a display-only model, but he includes parts to install five motors of the (I'm pretty sure) D/E size! I'm thinking that would be overkill unless you added a ton of weight to the paper model.

Attached Files:

13. SAustin16

SAustin16 Member

THAT is a gorgeous model! You did a wonderful job, as did the designer himself.