Leo's Polyus payload

Discussion in 'Space & Aeronautics' started by BARX2, Jun 8, 2007.

1. BARX2

BARX2 Member

I love the story behind this device. If was I read is accurate, it was supposed to be a Soviet "Star Wars" device with lots of spooky features - missile decoys, lasers, etc. However, it never made it into orbit. It was launched on an Energiya booster.
  2. BARX2

BARX2 Member

It came out really well, but could have been even better if I had followed the directions more closely. :grin:
  3. BARX2

BARX2 Member

Lots of fiddly little attachments to keep me busy. :)

NULLMOON Member

i would love too see someone build a "deployed" polyus:grin: nice work leos models are always very sharp
  5. dhanners

dhanners Member

Great-looking build there, BARX2! Are you planning on building an Energia to stick it on?

And yes, the stuff I've read about Polyus makes it sound kind of lethal. Had it worked, of course....
  6. BARX2

BARX2 Member

I do plan to build the Energiya, but I've got an ambitious lot of models in the pipeline. I'm about to start on the Long March booster. I want to build Lars' Sputnik R-7 in time for the October 4 50th anniversary. It occurred to me that it would be nice to build the Sputnik 2 which has its 50th anniversary in November of this year. So many models - so little time.
  7. Zathros

Zathros Guest

It is kiind've spooky looking, great job, cool subject.
  8. eatcrow2

eatcrow2 Member

Looks great!!!!! Nice way of showing off the scale with it sitting on the cubes.
  9. BARX2

BARX2 Member

You kinda have to do that, because the bottom is not flat! It's a shallow cone. I need to make a stand for it - or an Energiya to mount it on. :)
  10. dhanners

dhanners Member

Here's a display option....
  11. Jim Krauzlis

Jim Krauzlis Active Member

Cool looking build, Barx!

Let's see, that's the third one I saw today...someone's been very busy.:grin:

Another great job, very nicely detailed and finished.