Leopard 2 tank from scratch

Discussion in 'Armory & Military' started by Wouldbe_genious, Dec 19, 2006.

1. Wouldbe_genious

Wouldbe_genious New Member

Hello everybody,

I was planning to build a Leopard 2 tank from scratch,
    I was planning to build it in 1:72; as I am not very good in building models,
    it will not be a work of art like most models here:(
    I already made an Tiger tank, but i ran into trouble with designing an system for the tracks
    so all help and suggestions are welcome and truly appreciated

Does anybody have photos or drawings of the top of an leopard 2 tank?

Attached Files:

2. paper warrior

paper warrior Member

Don't worry about it, no one is an instantly good designer, besides all you need to do is get the dimentions and divide them by 72 for the proper scaling, heres something to get you started.

Attached Files:

• leo.JPG
      File size:
      212.2 KB
  3. Wouldbe_genious

Wouldbe_genious New Member

tnx, as soon as I can star designing parts/building them I will post some photos(having exams right now)
  4. paper warrior

paper warrior Member

Cool, I'm looking forward to it, BTW, good luck on the exams.
  5. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

I saw the thread title 'Leopard 2 from scratch', I opened the thread expecting a picture of the model and did a doubletake on the picture posted without reading the text almost spitting coffee onto my screen and keyboard.... =O
  6. paper warrior

paper warrior Member

That'll be one to remember, I'm going to copy this thread for future generations.
  7. charliec

charliec Active Member

8. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

ROTFL! Alright StevO!

I thought it looked dang good myself! For a split-second!:grin:

Heck with the build threads on AFV done lately around here, that could have been a model!

You know I've been at this hobby going on 2 years know, and I was flat amazed at what I saw to start with, but in just the last few months it seems that the building lately have just been fantastic. I'm not sure if it's the skill level catching up or the designing of the new models is the big thing. But all I know is that nothing is impossible, I've seen lots of pictures of models this year and the only way you could tell was the background.

WB_G............. I can't wait to see how you do with this, the really good thing is that are a bunch of very informative guys around here that are more than willing to help, if you ask.

9. paper warrior

paper warrior Member

Also for the tracks you hust make a few cylinders with circles on the gap scaled and colored and a straight line with a track pattern on it, there are a few examples out there, like the freebee on papertigerarmaments.com
  10. paperpanzer

paperpanzer Member

11. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member