Leo Cherkashyn's Vostok 3rd Stage 1:48

Discussion in 'Space & Aeronautics' started by BARX2, Feb 17, 2009.

1. BARX2

BARX2 Member

I just finished building Leo's Vostok 3rd stage. Leo provided a module that allows you to interchange the Vostok and Voskhod 3rd stages so you only have to build the R-7 rocket once. Another cool innovation is that if you've built his model of the Vostok capsule, you can insert it into the 3rd stage and remove the fairing to display it. Totally cool! :thumb:

He will make the Vostok 3rd stage available soon on his web site, but he asked me to post pictures of my build for you to see. More build pictures here:

Link to Leo's web site:

2. BARX2

BARX2 Member

Vostok launch vehicle with rocket blueprint behind.

Attached Files:

3. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

really beautifull work. i love seeing your builds!!
  4. dhanners

dhanners Member

Yes-- Great build and thanks for sharing the photos. Leo designs some great models, and your builds really do them justice.
  5. gpw

gpw Member

Wow, this is fantastic. :thumb::thumb::thumb:​

I have to build this model for Leo´s Vostoc capsule which I have already build some times ago.
    Thank you for the nice pictures.​

6. sergiotang95

sergiotang95 Member

nice build BARX2! leo has some of the best designs
  7. londonbluemisty

londonbluemisty Wayne P

Yet another great design by Leo and another great build by yourself.

8. CardStalker

CardStalker Member

Quite a collection you have growing there in the background Joe. Great job on all your builds. My best to you.
  9. Ok!
    I shared Vostok LV.
    Many thanks Joe! Beautiful work and spectacular result!
  10. dhanners

dhanners Member

Now, Leo.... What can we do to bribe you into offering the current iteration of the Soyuz launcher, in 1/96th scale?
  11. BARX2

BARX2 Member

Why not just print it at 50%? :)
  12. dhanners

dhanners Member

I could do that, but I was perhaps imprecise in my request. I'm looking for an accurate model of the modern version of the Soyuz launch vehicle. I know the LHVCC site has one (in 1/48th) but it's a "frosted tank" version and I'd like just the plain ol' regular version.
  13. BARX2

BARX2 Member

Oops, sorry. I misunderstood. I agree the modern version is a little different and would make a great addition to Leo's collection. By the way, I'm thinking of doing Leo's Vostok in 1:96, but I dread making some of the fiddly parts at 50% of their already small size! :oops:
  14. Hi all,
    Knots for junction between boosters and stage 2 in Vostok and Voskhod kits are designed for safety transportation of R7.
    I added flight version of these knots (separate file R7-app.pdf).
    See please pages VostokLV-e.htm and VoskhodLV-e.htm on www.cardmodels-r.narod.ru.

Best regards

Attached Files:

15. jparenti

jparenti Member

Fantastic model Leo, and great build BARX! You guys give us a lot to live up to! :)
  16. Hans Christian

Hans Christian Active Member

That is COOOOL!!! :wave7: