Leo Cherkashyn's Proton-M 1:96

Discussion in 'Space & Aeronautics' started by BARX2, Mar 20, 2009.

1. BARX2

BARX2 Member

Leo has updated his Proton-M design and will release it soon on his web site. I built the new version and I think it's a little easier than the old version - especially the fairing and Breeze-M modules. Fortunately, today was a good day to take an outside photo. I would have taken more, but there was a little breeze (very appropriate considering the model) and it kept knocking it over! I was lucky it didn't get wrecked in the process. :oops:

Link to Leo's site: http://www.cardmodels-r.narod.ru/index-e.htm

Build photos here: http://picasaweb.google.com/jepolch/Proton#

Attached Files:

2. David H

David H Member

What a simply stunning model. It looks to me like you built it in a clean room / assembly facility!

3. BARX2

BARX2 Member

Thanks David! I appreciate the good words.
  4. David H

David H Member

Well I would respectfully disagree about the state of the build area.

I had another look at Leo's site. Wooow!

I think a ROCKOT will be pushing up the must do list, and Easter is coming...

The last ROCKOT launch was a real nail biter and the system is such a great "swords to ploughshares" project. I have got to build one!
  5. gpw

gpw Member

Again a fantastic build. Well done. Thanks to Leo Cherkashin for the great design. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

6. BARX2

BARX2 Member

David, I guess I edited my post after your reply. I guess that after I wrote it I thought it somehow disparaged your comment about the "clean room". Oh well, bad headwork on my part! :p

I just uploaded photos of my Rockot and Dnepr to my Picasa site: http://picasaweb.google.com/jepolch/
  7. jagolden

jagolden Guest

Beautiful work on the build, BARX.

As others have already said, clean, clean, clean.

The stock you used hasca nice finish on it, can you tell us what you used?
  8. BARX2

BARX2 Member

Thanks, Joe. It's Wassau Bright White card stock with an overcoat of Krylon Crystal Clear acrylic.
  9. dhanners

dhanners Member

As always with your models, a very clean and excellent build, and thanks for sharing the in-progress photos. I built the model myself when it first came out; I'll have to take a look at what the updates are. I've always liked the Proton, and you and Leo have done it proud.

After he first released it, I e-mailed him to see about the possibility of re-painting the model to depict the one with the giant Pizza Hut logo that was launched in 2000. Leo had a good laugh about it, but I was serious; I would've built the model....

Attached Files:

10. BARX2

BARX2 Member

The Proton is certainly becoming the satellite launching workhorse. Somehow I'm going to get the DirecTV logo on the fairing above the Breeze-M logo. :)
  11. underwoodl06

underwoodl06 Member

The proton is definitely a great rocket. I was curious while looking around because I heard that a proton launched a satellite for DirecTV and I have always wondered which satellite I am getting a signal from because it would definitely be fun to build 'my' tv satellite.
    Anyone know how I can possibly figure this out?

PS. I love the large pizza hut advertisement on the Zvezda Proton. haha
  12. Hans Christian

Hans Christian Active Member

It looks like it's ready to fire up!!! Stunning piece of hardware!!!
  13. Hi Joe! I express you gratitude for beautiful work and for assistance to convert my virtual sources into real sources :)!
    Hi David! I considered that you compared Khrunichev logo with a pizza :)!
    I’m ready to re-paint parts of models to place “the giant Pizza Hut logo” to Proton-K and DirecTV logo to Proton-M. Only the good photos of ones are needs.
  14. gpw

gpw Member

Hi Leo,

give David the chance, here is the Pizza Hut logo. :mrgreen:

15. BARX2

BARX2 Member

Thank you Leo. :)
  16. I shared Proton.

File in attachment is personally for David!

Attached Files:

17. dhanners

dhanners Member

Thanks, Leo! Another one to add to the to-build pile. This one should look cool....
  18. BARX2

BARX2 Member

David, do you deliver? :) I can't get anyone to deliver pizza out where I live. Maybe you can now with your Proton. :mrgreen:
  19. underwoodl06

underwoodl06 Member

lol, he'll have it to you in T+ 30 seconds or less. depending on the thrust. That is a major factor, but it'll still be hot when it gets to ya. :D