Leo Cherkashyn's Dnepr in 1:96

Discussion in 'Space & Aeronautics' started by BARX2, Oct 11, 2007.

1. BARX2

BARX2 Member

Thanks for a great model Leo! Can't wait to build the rest of your kits. :wave:

2. BARX2

BARX2 Member

Dnepr stages.

3. BARX2

BARX2 Member

Fairing and payload.

4. BARX2

BARX2 Member

Rescue capsule.

5. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

another fantastic build! wish i could get my tubes to look like that!!
  6. dhanners

dhanners Member

Great job! Thanks for sharing the photos.
  7. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Those are some sweet cylinders! my rockets turn out to be bannanas half the time. I think I need someone to design a yellow one :)
  8. dansls1

dansls1 Member

Looks great!
  9. gpw

gpw Member

Great looking build, thanks for sharing the photos.

10. BARX2

BARX2 Member

Thanks, guys. About the only things I can do well are cylinders and cones, which is why I don't try building planes anymore. ;)
  11. dhanners

dhanners Member

I think your assessment of your building skills is a bit off. This is a well-built model, with good and clean construction, just like the other stuff you've shown here.
  12. Cut 'n' Paste

Cut 'n' Paste Ex-pat

Super build, mate!
    Where'd you source the little spheres from? I ask because I was just about to print out and build this myself.

13. BARX2

BARX2 Member

I used imitation pearls that I bought in the craft section at Walmart. You can probably find them in any store that sells craft supplies. I glued short sections of wire in the hole using epoxy and then sprayed the pearls with silver spray paint.
  14. Cut 'n' Paste

Cut 'n' Paste Ex-pat

Nice one. Pearls before swine, eh?

15. Super, fantastic build!
    Looks great!

I look forward to your next works!

16. SAustin16

SAustin16 Member

That is a nice, clean build. Excellent attention to detail. Congratulations.

The pearls really work well, and are available in a nice assortment of sizes. Ther e is no way I would ever be able to assemble paper spheres at that scale. The pearls really make the model come together.