length of fuel line

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by WESTSIDERIDER310, Apr 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I was wondering if there was a certain length that fuel lines and pressure lines should be.... I heard that fuel lines should be 5 inches and pressure lines should be 7 inches.... I really don't see the need to measure the lines and I really don't think they would make a difference.... if anyone could shine some light I would appreciate it....
  2. mastmec

mastmec Member

There is no set length unless your racing a sanctioned race, where you are allowed only a certain amount of fuel. If you have a longer fuel line, it will help to keep running longer in the event that you are fliped over. You would also want the pressure line in a position that if flipped over, fuel does not just pour through the line into the pipe and onto the ground. I allways run my lines with loops to have a little insurance for the above. Hope this helps.
  3. yea that does help......thanks
  4. Jshaff15

Jshaff15 Member

i use about as much extra i have laying around that usually varies form 4-6 inches or like 40-72" j/k dude. But 5-7 inches is good for most tracks-Its really just cheap insurance while you are in a race--J
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.