lego tos phaser, communicator, tricorder

spaceagent-9

Right Hand Man and Confidant
Jul 10, 2013
pheonix
i'm not a real fan of legos. don't know why. but I got excited over this, and I wonder if its a kit with the parts molded for these units, or if just slapped together from other stuff lego makes.
its very very good though! I have seen some lost in space lego stuff I liked too.lego tos away team pack.jpg

spaceagent-9

Jul 10, 2013
pheonix
yeah that's what I was thinking, that's real talent if its not a kit, and if it is, its still pretty cool!!

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
I have a bureau with 4 drawers full of Lego pieces. I hit the Tag sales, and buy bag fulls, that would cost you 100's of dollars, for 10 or 15 bucks. I can tell you that looking at all the pictures shown so far, I would say they are all parts that are standard. They may have come with a particular kit, but you can guy them a from Lego, just be prepared for sticker shock. When you see a normal block going for $.025 cents, you can see why I grab bags of these when I can. There has to be interesting parts now though, and one swipe through the bag, with a well trained eye will tell you that instantly. I could guess at the over all size of these beauties by certain parts.

Since these bags of Legos are for the most part used by snot nosed kids, they go right into the sink, in very hot water and dish washing anti bacterial detergent, and are washed, and hosed down. It's nice that they are not affected by water, and clean up so well.

They also glue with regular model cement, so if you build something really special, you can make it permanent. :)

spaceagent-9

Jul 10, 2013
pheonix
i was very surprised to find out that these were regular legos and not the toy kits. what great work!

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
My son and I have built some beauties. Dropped them too, and realized it would take 2 more days to put these Humpty Dumpty's back together again! :)

spaceagent-9

Jul 10, 2013
pheonix
that's a disappointment!
oh by the way everybody, I have found that those foam sheets for posters that are rigid at the dollar tree ? you can soak them in a hot bath and the paper pulls right off, and they are flexible foam sheets. hot glue works to hold the seams.

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Micheal's Craft Stores has foam sheets great for making foam gliders to just about anything you can imagine. One thing, when making foam gliders, take a round dowel on the leading edge of the wings and just back a 1/64th on a inch, flatten the leading edge. This causes the wing to cut through the air, not push it around, and with a slight wing foil shape, greater where it meats the body, it will lessen towards the tip. If you make the side profile of the wing's shaped into a slight (sideways "S"), you can get spectacular flights. Airplanes do not scale up and smaller ones have different characteristics.

Reactions: spaceagent-9