legal stuff for gost in the shell

Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by axel, Jul 16, 2008.

1. axel

axel New Member

hello, I been trying to get some ghost in the shell paper models, and finally started to work on my own model... its still on the drawing board, but something does not let me sleep about it: can anyone tell me if by free sharing this model by the web I´m stepping on someone´s legal toes? I am a big fan of Masamune Shirow, and would not like to hurt his copyright or something...
    thanks for any opinions!
  2. jaffro

jaffro Long term member

Most (but not all) copyright issues seem to involve someone making a profit from someone elses copyright. If you plan to distribute your model freely then you should be ok but it never hurts to try and contact the designer first to tell him/her what you intend to do and ask their permission to do so. I'm not too familiar with Ghost in the Shell but I do know that George Lucas is open to anyone doing almost anything Star Wars related as long as they make no profit from it and don't mess with the historical timelines etc or whatever...

maybe someone with more knowledge on your chosen subject can shed some more light here...
  3. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

I don't think making models for Ghost in the Shell would get you in trouble... as long as you don't sell it! :D Go for it!
  4. what is Ghost in a shell?
  5. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

6. SCEtoAux

SCEtoAux Member

One of the best anime series out there IMO. I got hooked with Ghost In A Shell: Stand Alone Compex. :mrgreen: