Legal issue

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by Experimental Designs, Sep 5, 2011.

1. Zathros

Zathros Guest

Oh, I don't worry about Goodduck, I especially don't want to be on his "other" side, he is pretty capable.

"It is the Courage of you Enemy that gives you Honor".

Life is a Banana
    Monkeys of Misfortune
    Peel away Hope
    Keep close that which you cherish
    To the Monkey of Misfortune
    Say, "Nope".
    by me

2. goodduck

goodduck Active Member

huh? ....... what? what? ?
  3. Experimental Designs

Experimental Designs Papercraft Visionary

I hate to play thread necromancy but I think this answer I got from a new forum member sums it all up in a simple and straight forward answer.

This is courtesy of laci who sent me this private message about two weeks ago.

Can the mods do something so laci may post in the forums please? I think it'll be deeply appreciated.
  4. Zathros

Zathros Guest

I have never seen this person "Laci" before, have no idea who it is either. Anyone who joins the forum can post. If this person was a member before and got banned, that is a different story. If i was during the turbulent times, he can rejoin, just by sending a P.m. to Ekuth. I do not see this person listed on the members list either?

If you can, tell that person to P.M. me so I can find out what is going on. I just hop it isn't someone who was banned or something (i.e., a SPAMMER).
  5. mchale

mchale beach boy

i have a few model i designed recently i want to sell on ecardmodels but i don't know if it would be ok one is a m*a*s*h unit based m*a*s*h unit 4077 two are cars that belonged to steve mcgarrett from the show hawaii five-o and another is a shipwreck based on the ss minnow from gilligan's island and another car that looks like the general lee from the dukes of hazzard
  6. Zathros

Zathros Guest

You could sell thee but they would have to be listed as "Generic". In other words, the M.A.S.H. unit would probably be O.K. to call it that because that ws the military designation. You just couldn't say it was from the show, though everyone would know. The S.S. Minnow could be sold as a shipwreck diorama, but just don't make any mention of "Gilligan", or S.S. Minnow. I would try, Small ship wrecked on Island Diorama. The cars from Hawaii 5'O are a different story. I don't think Chris would even list them because they are Fords, and the trademark that goes with it. Same goes with the General Lee. That is why you do not see thee kinds of models listed at ECardmodels.
  7. mchale

mchale beach boy

here are the screen caps of the sketch up models

Attached Files:

8. Zathros

Zathros Guest

mchale, I don't think anyone is going to give you hard time with those models. As long as you don't put trademarked names on them. Chris won't sell anything with trademarked names anyways.
  9. mchale

mchale beach boy

thanks zathros
  10. Zathros

Zathros Guest

No problemo, are you going to make the "no line" Hull?
  11. mchale

mchale beach boy

i will try it i will let you know how it turned out