Legacy went bottoms up. Remote could not find base.

Discussion in 'G / O / S Scale Model Trains' started by Chief Eagles, Dec 23, 2007.

1. Chief Eagles

Chief Eagles Active Member

Tried all the tricks. Lionel tech does not know as much about Legacy as I do. Now I know even more. He told me to ship it back [gave me number] and they would replace. They were going to throw them away. BS!!!! Problem was he did not have any spares. :curse: Mark that works for the company that built Legacy for Lionel gave instructions on how to use blue chips to rest base and remote [NOT IN THE BOOK]. :curse: Did rest and everything is now great. :thumb:
  2. rogerw

rogerw Active Member

How long do you let it rest for? tThanks
  3. Chief Eagles

It didn't rest. Work it to death. :thumb:
  4. ozzy

ozzy Active Member

all that hi-tech stuff that lionel and mth has just confuses the heck out of me. i dont know that i will ever get into that, i would like to be able to run the trains by remote tho.
  5. Chief Eagles

Here it is:

The blue modules that came with your set can be used to make sure there are no software problems causing this. The following process is to preform a system update. Using the 1.0 modules it will ensure the software is loaded correctly.

For the cab, insert the Cab1.0 module into the remote when it is off. Hold SET and power up the remote. The red light will start flashing quickly. This process takes about 45 seconds.

For the base, insert the Base1.0 module into the base when its off. Hold the channel select button and plug in the base. The yellow light will start flashing quickly. This process also takes about 45 seconds.

You don't have to hold the button once the update starts. Also note this clears the memory on both remote and base - All your engines will be gone and the set will default to channel one.

Thanks to Mark R. with Creative Trains Company LLC
  6. dbaker48

dbaker48 Member

Thanks for the research, saved the info, printed, and archived. Stored in my nifty folder for such things.
  7. Chief Eagles

After the reload, ran Legacy several times. A OK. Now I have loaded all of my TMCC engines in the remote. Had a couple that failed but then are loaded [after reload]. Using the generic chip makes it easy. Now I have my first lashup with Atlas diesels. Works great.
  8. Chief Eagles

More Legacy info from Mark R: How to run TPCs;

I was just running my TPC with Legacy.

Make sure the COM light is flashing on the TPC when you move the KNOB. (if using the Y cable refer to page 59)

Make sure the CAB2 says 'cab1 mode'

Start power with CAB-2 by pressing ENG/Eng#(or TR#)/Boost(rock up)

should work!