LED Search Help

Discussion in 'Tools of the Trade' started by Trader Sam, Feb 10, 2008.

1. Trader Sam

Trader Sam Member

I'm trying to find some bright LED lights to use in a paper model that I'm building. But, I have no electronic experience, and I can't seem to find what I need/want. I know that some Walgreens have exactly what I'm looking for (mini Christmas lights), but only periodically. Hopefully, someone here can help me out by pointing me to a Web site. So, here are the features that I'm looking for:
    1. Small white or warm LED lights.
    2. Must be on a strand (about 20 lights).
    3. NO heavy/bulky cord. Think mini lights.
    4. Battery operated (AA preferred).
    5. Steady ON.
    6. Durable cord cord/wires. No cheapies!
    7. All pre-assembled. Remember, I have no experience with wiring and such.
    I have a strand of regular lights (too dim), but I know Walgreens started selling bright LED strands, too. I'm still looking for them at the stores, but I kinda need them ASAP. Any help would be GREAT!

And, yes, I've tried searching the forum. Unfortunately, I can't type in 'LED' due to the 4-letter word minimum.
  2. ogroto

ogroto New Member

hey sam, try lsdiodes.com
    they sell really cheap diodes and i think that fast shipping.
    im fron argentina and the arrived in less than a month, wich is really fast
  3. jleslie48

jleslie48 Member

4. Trader Sam

Trader Sam Member

I think I've used the Michaels lights before. They were with the rest of the miniature Christmas buildings & trees. I didn't like them, because the wires were not secured very well. They'd snap off at the bulb or battery box connections if you moved them around too much.

If I had a box to one of the sets that I have, I'd look up the company name.
  5. Trader Sam

Trader Sam Member

6. Trader Sam

Trader Sam Member

Found the manufacturer and product names. The lights are called Tiny Lites, and they are manufactured by ProductWorks.

I found what I'm looking for at Target. But, they're so expensive! Walgreens sells them for $6 . . . if you can find them. Tiny Lites are incandescent. The LED strands are made by Brilliant.

Odd. The box image says there are 20 lights. The product description says there are 3 sets with 60 lights, total. If the price is for 3 sets, then I can see paying the high cost. I think I'll break down and get a set. I'm going to Target this afternoon, so I think I'll check there first (doubt I'll find them).