LED lighting

Discussion in 'Tips, Tutorials & Tools' started by rmks2000, Nov 28, 2006.

1. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

OK I posted this link before, but here it is again.

If you scroll to the bottom it will draw a circuit for you if you plug in the numbers.

They suggest 3.5 drop across and 20 mA for the LED

Then it will calculate the resistor, and tell you to bump it up 10% and then tell you what resistor to use.

2. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Here is a screen shot for 9 volt 1 LED 3.5v drop and 20 mA

Attached Files:

3. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Here is the screen shot, using the GURU to figure 9 volts 3 LEDs and the circuit you can build with the correct resistor to use.

Attached Files:

4. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

And just for grins........... here is a 9 volt circuit with 32 LEDs.......... no I don't want to do this but it is possible.

Attached Files:

5. Zathros

Zathros Guest

That really is one awesome link. It is amazing how much stuff is out there. That is a good one though and I have book marked it for future reference. I have also ingrained SteveM's suggestions as his model allows scaling up without much though and has built in safety redundancy.
  6. SteveM

SteveM Member

here is another site with lots of information about LED's and also a resistor calculator;

7. Zathros

Zathros Guest

Fantastic SteveM. I always wonder where people dig up these links. I Googled LED sinfo but had not found any of these sites. Thanks a lot.
  8. rmks2000

rmks2000 Member

Can anyone recommend a good site to buy electonic components from?
  9. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

10. Ashrunner

Ashrunner Member

I am probably the only guy on Earth who could solder an LED to a 1.5 volt battery terminal and still get electrocuted. I'll leave all this voltage and ohmage talk to those of you who know what you're doing...hehe