LED Lens Cover

Discussion in 'FAQs' started by Play-Doh, Oct 6, 2007.

1. Play-Doh

Play-Doh Member

Looking for something.

I want to make a yard diagram with my LED lights indacting the location of switches. A friend of mine is making a great board for me to diagram out the yard and drill holes for the LEDs.

What im looking for is something to cover the holes with. A LED lens cover or something. Kinda like this.

I cant seem to find how to order from this manufacturer. Does walthers sell anything like this, or anyone else for that matter?

Thanks ahead of time.

2. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

Check out Mouser, they have an array of LED lenses. They have a website and an 800#.
  3. who_dat73

who_dat73 Member

Was at Radio Shack the other night they had them there.

HAUSPETER New Member

If you search for led holders on ebay they have them for very cheap.
  5. b28_82

b28_82 Member

Is it ok if the LED's poke through the board? We'd done that at my last club on their diagram boards and they seemed to look alright.
  6. djk

djk New Member

I used software (Empire Express) to design my layout. I printed out the layout and then laid it on top of a piece of plywood. Then I marked where to drill holes for the LEDs. I used LEDs that change from red to green to tell me which way the switch is set. The printout of the layout is taped on top of the plywood so the lights show thru the paper. It looks great and works great.

7. 60103

60103 Pooh Bah

Where we operate on Lostock Junction, the builder has metal shields around the LEDs. We touch these with a probe and it selects cabs or throws switches, then lights the LED.
  8. vwshark07

vwshark07 New Member

i was doing a little browsing to see what i could find and i found your picture and the company that makes it here you go:
    Richco-Browse Our Catalog

you can get some from them for free or you can just google the part name and loads comes up selling it