Ld & Lv Rr

Xaniel

Jun 8, 2002
Lisbon, Portugal
modelismo.luislopes.net
Hi.

Here's my first photo of my layout. EHHE. :D I'm sorry about the bad quality, but it was taken with a web cam.

About the track, I'm a student, so I don't have money to buy track very often.

Thank you for your time. :)

Attachments

• layout1.jpg
    layout1.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 199

YakkoWarner

Mar 10, 2001
Orange County, NC.
www.the-gauge.com
It's a start, and thats more than most ever accomplish. As for track, try going to e-bay and looking through the auctions there. you can pick-up slightly used track for about twentyfive cents on the dollar. Brand new stuff is about half as much as retail. Be careful though, its easy to find "once in a lifetime deals" that you can't afford, even though you can't afford to pass them up.:eek:

C

Catt

Luis,I see a layout getting started no need to apolgize for that.Not much need to apologize for the picture qaulity either.Looks to me like your off to a good start.

Please keep us updated on your progress.

kettlestack

Jan 18, 2002
Scotland UK
Visit site
Luis,
Every layout starts with the first length of track being laid.
You are beyond that point and time is not all that important.

Give me your address and I'll ship you a couple of Atlas N turnouts and a few odds and ends of track that might help you along. They are new/unused and surplus to any future plans I have for N gauge.

Gotta keep you interested in this here great hobby :D .

Errol

Xaniel

Jun 8, 2002
Lisbon, Portugal
modelismo.luislopes.net
Thanks a lot guys. Thanks for your support. I'll try to keep you posted on everything new I add to my layout.

Kettlestack, I am interested in this hobby, but I don't have the money to pay for that. Thanks anyway. :D

Next monday, perhaps, I'll have some more new track to add to this layout. EHHE! :) :D

Xaniel

Jun 8, 2002
Lisbon, Portugal
modelismo.luislopes.net
Hello,

heres a new pic. now with some rolling stock (I already have american rolling stock from Walthers, Model Power and Con-cor)

ehehhe! i won't buy any loco because i want first to have all the track necessary. :)

By the way, what do you guys think about life-like?

Attachments

• layout.jpg
    layout.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 131

Tyson Rayles

Sep 25, 2001
Poverty Acres, North Carolina
Visit site
Hi Luis, good to see your making progress! :) If you are talking locos, lifelike makes a SW9/1200 switcher that is excellent. For road engines I would recommend Atlas or Kato. They cost a little more but are about the best out there. I would probably stick with 4 axle units if your radius is 15" or less.

jmhewitt

May 12, 2002
Wilmington, NC
in general I echo your comments about only 4 axle diesels with 9 3/4 curves, except the Atlas Trainmaster works great on these curves. if you want steam, both the Bachman and especially the MDC 2-8-0s work ok on these curves.

Michael Hewitt
Wilmington, NC

kettlestack

Jan 18, 2002
Scotland UK
Visit site
The Lifelike range

Luis,
Lifelike makes pretty good locos. One or two of them are particularly good, especially the SW9/1200.
The GP 18 is a high nose 4-axle beast which looks and runs well, and the GP38 (low nose and also 4-axle) is in the same class of looks/performance. They are excellent value for money considering other manufacturers are hiking their prices. This I presume will put more business to Lifelike and therefore their models are likely to get even better.
I would hazard a guess and say that Lifelike is the N gauge equivelant of the HO Athearn.
If funds are real tight for you, I would suggest your first loco be a Lifelike SW9/1200. I doubt you will ever regret getting it.

Errol

Xaniel

Jun 8, 2002
Lisbon, Portugal
modelismo.luislopes.net
Hello,

Thanks guys. I'll try to have trains according to your advices.

60103: I already have two locos. But european ones. I have a tank loco from Fleischmann (2. axles) and a BR V200(4 axles) from Arnold Rapido. They are oth from the Deustche Bundesbahn.