Layout Tours - Southern Ontario

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by 60103, Mar 22, 2003.

1. 60103

60103 Pooh Bah

On Saturday March 29, there will be a drive-yourself layout tour in the Kitchener/Waterloo/Cambridge/Guelph area (Highway 401 at highways 8 to 6).
    Registration starts at 9:00 a.m. in Hespeller Arena.
    This is a major event each year -- there are over 30 layouts, many of them excellent, all with some idea you can steal.
    The charge is $5.00 (Cdn) per person.
    Tour times are 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. (some close earlier), and it's impossible to see them all in one day (unless you don't actually look at any).
    As far as I can remember gauges are from N to G, including standard, (but possibly omitting S).
    (Let me know if you need more details.)
    This is also a nice day's drive through some very scenic parts of southern Ontario -- bring your spouse or intended one.
  2. interurban

interurban Active Member

Hi David , Hope you all have a very busy weekend, I am sorry I wont be able to attend.
    Hope to see a few pictures of this intresting weekend.
  3. 60103

60103 Pooh Bah

I hear you're out of circulation. You've seen my pictures -- If we take any, they won't get posted for ages.
  4. Lighthorseman

Lighthorseman Active Member

What A Fun Idea...

Boy, I wish I could make it out there. That would be a really great day.:)

Enjoy! Please post lots of pictures, if you get the chance.
  5. interurban

interurban Active Member

Hi David, it`s the 3rd April , I was wondering how the 29 March drive youself tour went .
    We do hope you had a good turn out.:)
  6. 60103

60103 Pooh Bah

Double headers layout tour

Chris and Steve (and anyone else)
    We made a fairly leisurely day of it. Didn't take the camera with us.
    Saw a few interesting layouts. One fellow has a huge Marklin set up with a back of digital controls that has to be seen to be believed.
    There's a layout based on the Southern Tier of New York ( along the Pennsylvania boundary) that is perfection, and the entry was through the neatest garage I've ever seen. (Question asked:"Where does he keep his junk?")
    The O gauge streetcar layout was there at the registration area, along with 6 others, including Lionel standard gauge.