Layout Tours - Southern Ontario

Pooh Bah
Mar 25, 2002
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
On Saturday March 29, there will be a drive-yourself layout tour in the Kitchener/Waterloo/Cambridge/Guelph area (Highway 401 at highways 8 to 6).
Registration starts at 9:00 a.m. in Hespeller Arena.
This is a major event each year -- there are over 30 layouts, many of them excellent, all with some idea you can steal.
The charge is $5.00 (Cdn) per person.
Tour times are 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. (some close earlier), and it's impossible to see them all in one day (unless you don't actually look at any).
As far as I can remember gauges are from N to G, including standard, (but possibly omitting S).
(Let me know if you need more details.)
This is also a nice day's drive through some very scenic parts of southern Ontario -- bring your spouse or intended one.
--David

Pooh Bah
Mar 25, 2002
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
Double headers layout tour

Chris and Steve (and anyone else)
We made a fairly leisurely day of it. Didn't take the camera with us.
Saw a few interesting layouts. One fellow has a huge Marklin set up with a back of digital controls that has to be seen to be believed.
There's a layout based on the Southern Tier of New York ( along the Pennsylvania boundary) that is perfection, and the entry was through the neatest garage I've ever seen. (Question asked:"Where does he keep his junk?")
The O gauge streetcar layout was there at the registration area, along with 6 others, including Lionel standard gauge.