Layout Rebuild Has Begun

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
About a week ago I began the Layout Rebuild. First over a two night period the old layout was taken down. I removed all the track, foam, and hard shell. The only thing remaining is the mountain with the waterfall.

The new layout calls for another section to added between the two existing plywood boards. The boards will be covered with 4 inch thick layer of pink foam. The track re-laid and then the terrain sculpted.

Until the time comes that I can get all the supplies together, my son and I set up the temporary track plan that is shown in the photos below.

Since I was able to borrow a digital camera over the weekend I will be taking more photos of cars and locomotives on this temporary set up and will post them in various places on the forum.

Attachments

• layout1.jpg
    layout1.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 175

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Tom,
Best wishes on the reconstruction. As some one who has torn a layout apart and rebuilt it I can tell you that its a mix of "ARRRGGGGH!" and "Ahhhhh!". :) I learned a lot though and made many improvements the second time around. I'm glad you saved the waterfall. I remember when you posted it. Nice scenic effect.
Ralph