layout progress & engine pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

wickman

You did an excellent job on the engine . I gotta get my brand new airbrush outta the box one of these days and try it :eek:ops: how bad could I mess up , just point and shoot right? sign1

UP SD40-2

Over 500 Posts, thanks EVERYONE!!

:D WOW!!, this thread has made it OVER 500 POSTS!!!balloon6 bounce7 A special THANKS!, to EVERYONE that has made this possible!:thumb: :D . ** Herc, Lynn, and Josh, THANK YOU!:thumb: , for the complements:D . ** i mentioned a couple posts back that dad sent me home with his CNW MP15DC to "do up" for him, i am waiting for the rotating beacon, but other then that, i am finished with it:thumb: . since this post is kinda a celebration for over 500 posts, and over 13,400 views:eek: :D , i thought i would post an engine representing my 3 favorite roads:thumb: . the middle pic has my 2nd fav road, CNW:thumb: , the engine is the MP i have "done up" for dad;) . THANK YOU TO ALL!!:D -Deano View attachment 29230 View attachment 29231 View attachment 29232

Attachments

• fav1.JPG
    fav1.JPG
    41.2 KB · Views: 141
  • fav2.JPG
    fav2.JPG
    34.5 KB · Views: 137
  • fav3.JPG
    fav3.JPG
    41.8 KB · Views: 138

doctorwayne

Nice job on those locomotives, Dean. That MP15DC looks great in the C&NW colours, and the "patched" Rio Grande is nice, too.

Wayne

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Congratulations everyone on an excellent thread with its over 500 posts! Very cool! It's a pleasure to read.
Ralph

caliban

Hi Deano,

I'm a little late, but

announce1 500+ post WOOOOOOWWWW.:thumb:

And look at the views, close to 15.000!!

Here is my other steam, not much, but I'm more on diesels and electrics.

- Swiss prototype "Tigerli"
- German Baureihe (Class) 93
- Pennsy Mallett with N&W heritage, Y3?

Attachments

• tigerli.jpg
    tigerli.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 112
  • 93.jpg
    93.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 109
  • pennsy.jpg
    pennsy.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 111

UP SD40-2

Adios!

Tobias:wave: , THANKS!:D hey, NICE steamers!:thumb: of the three, i like the mallet the best, just something about articulated steam:thumb: :D . *** announce1 ***ON A SIDE NOTE: well folks, i PERSONALLY THANK ALL!, that have followed AND contributed to this thread:thumb: :D . this thread has turned into a MONSTER in size, ALOT of info is in this thread, tutorials, AND GREAT PICS!, not only posted by me, but by those that have contributed to this thread:thumb: . announce1 PROBLEM, for those seeing a thread this big in size, not many would take the time to go through it , thus, missing out on things they might find of interest in here:( . announce1 SO FOLKS, THIS THREAD HAS COME TO...THE END OF THE LINE:). i feel if it gets ANY bigger, NO ONE will even attempt to read it;) , and that, my friends, would be a waste. announce1 MY favorite part of this hobby is collecting engines, AND prototype pics of engines, and trying to make my models look EXACTLY like the prototype:thumb: . over the last 2 nights i have matched up proto pics with the models i have, last night i made a HUGE order with Walther's to get all the detail parts and decals i need to finish ALL(49) engines i have at the present time:thumb: . i thought about making a NEW THREAD, to post a pic of the prototype, with a pic of the completed model;) , though i am not sure if i will as the "weekly engine pic" threads would also be a great place to post the finished engines:thumb: , would just have to wait for the week that particular engine would come up(the wait for a certain engine to come up would probably kill metooth1 ). announce1 ANYWAYS, THANK YOU, TO ALL THAT HAVE CONTRIBUTED TO THIS THREAD!:thumb: :D I have THOROUGHLY ENJOYED DOING THIS THREAD:thumb: :D . as A HUGE UP FAN:D , i am going to leave this thread as UP left their passenger service, the LAST TWO PICS i am posting on this thread are of the tail car on the LAST UP passenger train to roll down the tracks:thumb: . SEE YOU FOLKS IN THE FORUMS!:thumb: :D ADIOS!!!:wave:...oh yea, and...STAY ON TRACK!!!:thumb: :D :DTHANKS! :D -Deano View attachment 29324 View attachment 29325

Attachments

• adiossm.JPG
    adiossm.JPG
    11.8 KB · Views: 103
  • PDVD_093.JPG
    PDVD_093.JPG
    26.1 KB · Views: 101

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Deano, I think you ended this thread nicely.:cry: :cry: :cry: But I have to agree with you on the matter of it getting to big and nobody wanting to read this many pages.

I have really enjoyed this thread and look forward to seeing more stuff from you in the future threads.

Thanks for all the pics and many other thngs you and everyone else has done for this :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

O and glad to hear that you placed that massive order of detail parts for those 49 engines!!

viperman

You can't kill it!
Got my computer back today from getting worked on, and guess what.....THEY RE-FORMATTED MY HARD DRIVE!!!! The problem was NOTHING to do with software, the battery wasn't charging when plugged in! So now I don't have any of my UP pics to show you. Sucks, cuz I even lost a video, and many pics of my son, pics of my car, my former cars, pets, all my music, game files. Its all gone!

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
MilesWestern said:
NOOOOO!!!!!!! :curse: :cry: :curse: :cry:

Is somebody going to have temper tantrum?? sign1 sign1 sign1 sign1

Your not alone Miles, Im sad to but there will be better things to come from Deano. :) :)

doctorwayne

Thanks for the ride, Dean. While some of us have helped to keep this thread going, and others have helped just by viewing it, I think that the main reason that it not only survived so long, but truly thrived, is on account of your enthusuiasm. I also think that some of that enthusiasm has rubbed off on more than a few of us here, and for that also, we thank you.
I hope we get to see a lot more of you here on the Gauge.

Wayne

cnw1961

Dean, it’s a pity that you want to let your thread die. It has become a nice habit to look for your thread on my daily visits to The Gauge. As Miles already said, I am looking forward to your next threads too. :wave: :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.