layout progress & engine pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
sign1 sign1 I certainly would be lost without it. I think that It is worth the $20.00 per year or every other year.:)

UP SD40-2

you bet its worth every penny!, and starting this year the price is going down, sorry i cant remember how much, but it will be cheaper;) . **OR...you can do what i have for the last two yrs and just go to there website, its FREE, and they have more pics of the items on there, and this way you can see the monthly deals!:D

UP SD40-2

Just a side note....

OMG!!! i have took some time today to go through a few threads, and i gotta tell ya, i have seen some AWESOME work on here!:thumb: i really hate to mention people because 1, i have a memory like an ice cube, so i am sure i would be forgetting some of you(sorry):eek:ops: . 2, EVERYONE does something great that really stands out. and 3, i don't want to pick favorites. so i am going to just say THANKS to all that have posted their work! seeing GREAT work like i have on here is VERY INSPIRATIONAL!(and humbling), and is just the type of thing that gets me motivated to try and do better then i actually can. THANKS!, keep posting your work in the forums!:thumb: :D

UP SD40-2

OK, i know,...i know, and i promise, no more picture posts till i get more work done on the layout. I'll give you all a rest from the same old boring pics, just different engineshamr . its been real fun this weekend, i met some great people on here, THANKS! I'll be popping in as i can this week to keep checking out this and other posts on here, its a big forum, and i gotta check out EVERYONES work, for inspiration;) :D . and now, i think I'll hop into my AREOTRAIN, and ride off...stay on track guys/gals!:thumb: View attachment 26713 View attachment 26714

Attachments

• AREO 2.JPG
    AREO 2.JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 504
  • UP AREO TRAIN.jpg
    UP AREO TRAIN.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 500

UP SD40-2

AWW heck, ment to put this one in as the 2nd picture in the last post but made a mistake. then i tried to edit it out of the post and put this in...couldnt figure out how to edit pics. sorry.:eek:ops: View attachment 26763

Attachments

• u5.JPG
    u5.JPG
    30.9 KB · Views: 465

Art67

I am impressed with "United Transport", it really has a nice feel for a modern trucking facility. I like how there is a tiny bit of clutter to convey it is a busy place, yet an overall feeling of a clean, safe work environment. Nice job.

Stuart

UP SD40-2

Art67 & doctorwayne, WOW!, i drool over you guys layouts, and after reading the nice comments you guys wrote...i am HONORED:D , THANK YOU!:D :) I still have some signage and a few more details to put in, but "United Transfer" is pretty close to finished besides that.

UP SD40-2

wsor4050 said:
Great stuff SD40-2 BTW whats the Geep unit?
Chris!!, THANKS man:D . the geep is a cheapo bachmann GP40, came DCC ready with Bachmann DCC. wasnt a great runner till i put a LokSound decoder in it. now not only does it run a thousand times better, it sounds GREAT too!:thumb: (LokSound RULES!:D ) i turned it into a UPY and detailed it. so far its the ONLY engine i have weathered. View attachment 26766

Attachments

• gp40a.JPG
    gp40a.JPG
    33.1 KB · Views: 540

UP SD40-2

Can I Have Fries With This Grease?...

Well, it sure has been a BUSY weekend on the new layout. i have "UNITED TRANSPORT" about 95% complete now AND...the "WEST END DINER" is now about 90% complete!:D on my previous layout i did a very similar diner scene, i used the Cornerstone diner(far superior to this one:cry: ) and the layout was based on CNW in the 50-60's(i have pics of that diner scene if anyone is interested). i liked the diner scene so much i wanted to do an updated one on my new layout(UP 80-today). i used the City Classics diner, sorry to say its not as good as the Cornerstone, but i made due as best as i could. besides the diner NOT being a great quality kit, i had problems with the red marker on the roof awning, i used a ruler to get straight lines, but the darn marker bled:curse: . i think i am going to rip it off the roof and take another try at it:( . i put 9 people in the diner, cant really see them, need to put a light in it and add a few more details to the outside...well, heres how it looks so far. **hope to talk to you guys/gals in the forums over the week, till then...stay on track!:thumb: :D View attachment 26835 View attachment 26836 View attachment 26837 View attachment 26838

Attachments

• west end diner1.JPG
    west end diner1.JPG
    34.2 KB · Views: 500
  • busy place2.JPG
    busy place2.JPG
    40.1 KB · Views: 499
  • bikers3.jpg
    bikers3.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 492
  • chatting4.JPG
    chatting4.JPG
    32.1 KB · Views: 482
L

lester perry

OK now how long have been working on this? If I understand correctly only a couple of months. If that is right it is amazing. Looks great to me.
Les

Status
Not open for further replies.