Layout plan final for S,B&LV

Discussion in 'Track Planning' started by fvracer85, Jul 29, 2002.

1. fvracer85

fvracer85 Member

Here is the "final" version of the new layout, this track plan incorporates the existing Sweet, Bethlehem and Lehigh Valley RR (a 4x10.5'). Comments? :D :D :D

2. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

The plan looks fine to me, plenty of running and switching. :cool: I will admit though that I HATE duckunders! :D :D :D
  3. fvracer85

fvracer85 Member

I know.....I've been hit with the duckunder thing plenty of time....but, I'm happy with the I'm gonna be bullheaded and forge ahead. I'll probably be installing a hinged section before this is over, but that will work too. The section with the duckunder is only about 24" and I think I can pull off a hinge, or even a section that pops out. Or I'll be back in a year whining about having to duckunder and eating crow too..... :rolleyes: ;) :D Thanks for the comment...! :D
  4. Bob Collins

Bob Collins Active Member

Certainly agressive, but I like that. Are you using DC or DCC? How many reverse loops? I lost count:D :D

Please post pictures as you progress. You'll get lots of "help" from us Gaugers as you progress, which I haven't done for over a week now. Too many grandkids running around to think about aligning roadbed and the like:eek: :eek:

5. fvracer85

fvracer85 Member

No reverse loops! Not one.....:D We are DCC also, I LOVE DCC... I've been out of the hobby for about 15 years up until last Dec. and DCC represents (to me) the technical leap ahead this hobby really needed. Anyway, I digress. This plan was laid out to incorporate my existing layout (take a look at the website....the link is below). What it represents is a continus running 1.5 times around mainline (the LV railroad) with an interchange yard (lower left) that exchanges freight with a point to point short line (the Sweet and Bethlehem RR that includes 2 yards (one at the top and the existing one at the RH side)). Operationally I want continus running for railfaning and a point to point for ops. (all in a smallish space) that's how this concept was born. So, we shall see.....I'm going out to buy lumber this evening, the adventure begins......again....

:D ;)