layout pics

stuart_canada

Feb 12, 2005
have to figure out a better angle or way to take the pics, but here is a glance.
it is 2 feet wide by 8 feet long, mostly a switching a yard operation with a round house and turn table.
my grandfather got me the atlas turn table years ago ( over 20 and last year i decided to buy the roundhouse to match and found out the old turn table was up to date for the new roundhouse, so it was replaced with the new atlas turntable.)
the layout was based on the http://www.carendt.us/articles/highland/index.html

i had to make a few changes to fit my space and needs but i really liked the track plan and the changes.

now just have to make few zoning plans changes and I am good to go.

i am sure with some land scaping and other work it will look better

Attachments

• layout 001.JPG
    layout 001.JPG
    83.7 KB · Views: 7
  • layout 002.JPG
    layout 002.JPG
    72.8 KB · Views: 130
  • layout 003.JPG
    layout 003.JPG
    114 KB · Views: 4
  • layout 004.JPG
    layout 004.JPG
    112.2 KB · Views: 8

NIevo

Oct 19, 2007
Hayden, ID
Well it should keep you busy at least.

Is it just me or does it look like the engines in the 3rd photo are about to start jumping starting with the UP one in the backsign1

stuart_canada

Feb 12, 2005
theshelf is not big enough for the athearn dd40 to fit on nice like..so it looks as if it is about to jump off...
but better there thn in a box where i cannot see them

Glen Haasdyk

Feb 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
Visit site
2'X 8' isn't so bad, that's what I started with and had lots of fun with the detailing. I managed to put a switchback on mine so at least the trains would look like they were going somewhere!

stuart_canada

Feb 12, 2005
well glen i hope to expand it by 3 feet at the roundhouse end, going in a L shape, jsut so i have room to park a train a short train but it will hold a train to look as if it going some where.